GEN 2 Raptor ventilated seats vs non-Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
XLT's dont have ventilated seats...

There was no change in ventilation type of the raptor/F150 seats from 17+. We have disassembled both types of seats and even retrofitted platinum F150 massaging seats with Raptor seat covers into a raptor. The seats use the HVAC air circulated through the seat cover to feel "cooled", if you turn on the A/C, the air circulated is cooler.

Page 153 of an F150 owners manual.

OP
OP
FatBuoy

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
XLT's dont have ventilated seats...

There was no change in ventilation type of the raptor/F150 seats from 17+. We have disassembled both types of seats and even retrofitted platinum F150 massaging seats with Raptor seat covers into a raptor. The seats use the HVAC air circulated through the seat cover to feel "cooled", if you turn on the A/C, the air circulated is cooler.

Page 153 of an F150 owners manual.

Are you 100% certain? If what you are saying is true, the seats will not blow cooler air than cab temp. I had thought there was an electrically charged cooling plate in the seats that the fan air blows over to cool it before coming through the perforated leather. And for the record, my 600 mine 2019 XLT loaner truck had ventilated seats. My butt told me so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you 100% certain? If what you are saying is true, the seats will not blow cooler air than cab temp. I had thought there was an electrically charged cooling plate in the seats that the fan air blows over to cool it before coming through the perforated leather. And for the record, my 600 mine 2019 XLT loaner truck had ventilated seats. My butt told me so.

100% Certain, the seat has no ability to cool air. I'm also 100% certain that XLT models can not have ventilated seats. The highest subtrim in an XLT is a 302A which has cloth seats with radiant heating plate only, there is no ventilation.

OP
OP
FatBuoy

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100% Certain, the seat has no ability to cool air. I'm also 100% certain that XLT models can not have ventilated seats. The highest subtrim in an XLT is a 302A which has cloth seats with radiant heating plate only, there is no ventilation.

I stand corrected on the XLT. It was a Lariat. But in that, and the Raptor, I am reading about a TED system. Thermoelectric Device. This is an electrically charged cooling plate. Is that I incorrect too?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
My 18 definitely sucks from the seat covers and blows out sideways from the fan under the seat. Seems like it worked better after I got under there and jostled it. Maybe it sucked itself up into the seat or something. lol

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected on the XLT. It was a Lariat. But in that, and the Raptor, I am reading about a TED system. Thermoelectric Device. This is an electrically charged cooling plate. Is that I incorrect too?

Per Ford FMC, there is a difference between heated and ventilated seats vs climate controlled seats. There are no climate controlled seat wiring diagrams in FMC that I can find for any trim F150. The climate controlled seat diagrams are found when looking at 17+ Superduty chassis.

Last edited:

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, now I'm confused. My understanding was Ford went to the ventilated seat in 2018, but my pricing/package guide for 2018 clearly says "cooled" seat for Raptor with 802a. Sticker says nothing other than 802a. My seats feel like they're sucking (ventilated) rather than blowing (cooled). So what's under my butt?

Sometimes dealers install these for their "Special" customers. You can get them from Ford as part of their "Penetration Package". They ARE NOT recommended for use off-road.

butt1.jpg

Chris Mies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes dealers install these for their "Special" customers. You can get them from Ford as part of their "Penetration Package". They ARE NOT recommended for use off-road.

There is a lot of misinformation in this thread, but this is 100% true.