GEN 2 Raptor ventilated seats vs non-Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes dealers install these for their "Special" customers. You can get them from Ford as part of their "Penetration Package". They ARE NOT recommended for use off-road.

View attachment 128116

Not sure I want to know if you had that picture handy or not. I did leave the back door open for the joke, though.

Chris Mies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2019s are definitely vented. It works great, so I don't know what all the fuss is about.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, if I’m reading correctly, there was a point in the new Raptor’s life that they were cooled and now they are vented?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not only that, they started doing it sometime during the 2018 build year, too. I checked mine today after all this confusion, and my '18, built in September of 2017, has ventilated seats (sucking air), not cooled (blowing air). The build sheet for 2018 listed "heated and cooled seats" for 802a, not ventilated. I'm not complaining, but trying to highlight the reasons for much of this confusion.

OP
OP
FatBuoy

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So at the end of the day, and the dust has settled, do we know which one keeps you cooler? As mentioned in my first post, I borrowed a 2019, which must have had ventilated seats. I thought they cooled better than my 2017, which has cooled seats. So, maybe I answered my own question, but any other opinions from those who have had or tried both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk