Raptor stated carrying capacity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you saying the Raptor brakes are weaker then all the other F-150's including the ones rated to tow between 11,000 - 13,000 lbs?...I was under the impression they were pretty much all the same...
In California I believe any trailer exceeding 3,000 lbs has to have it's own brakes, so having a hard time believing the Raptors reduced towing rating is because of it's brakes...

Not at all. The brakes are likely the same as the regular F-150, but I haven't confirmed that. The Raptor weighs significantly more than the regular truck, plus as you mentioned above, the rear suspension is soft(er) and long travel which upsets the stability, especially under maximum braking.

As for motor vehicle laws in Commifornia, people should refrain for citing them as an example for any other state, other than maybe New York.

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One must know the actual curb weight of the truck. Then look at the door sticker for the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR). Take GVWR then subtract actual curb weight to find "cargo weight" (people, things, loaded bed, etc etc etc) that you can run. Then you can use GCWR to know what the max trailer weight can be. Using most of Ford's info isn't going to cause you problems. As above 200-300 lbs over isn't going to matter one bit.

I want to say people gave me the Raptor SCREW curb weight was like 6,000lbs.

Blusmbl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The numbers are published for a reason. I had 2 motorcycles in the bed of my supercrew along with 3 occupants plus gear. The handling was noticeably different compared to other trucks I've driven with similar weights in the bed, you can absolutely feel the rearend squat and the front end feels lighter with the steering effort reduced. Just keep that in mind.

OP
OP
Macca

Macca

Reaction score
Thanks guys.
I will take it over a weigh bridge with us two inside and with tonneau cover on.
i will be putting new K02 tyres on so this will be an ideal time to measure the all up unladen weight.I should be able to wing it from there.
The comment about 100-200lbs over is reassuring.I hope to keep you posted.

OP
OP
Macca

Macca

Reaction score
Hi all again, well took us three, myself wife and SCAB , complete with new KO2,s, light bar,tonneau cover ,tow bar and full tank of fuel, over the weigh-bridge and came out the other end with 2.82 tonne.That will leave me with 174kg to load in.
I do believe that during the RH drive conversion process ,slightly heavier components are used to replace the original.I will be able to live with this and must refrain from launching over dunes whilst carrying the max,ha.
Meanwhile, next post i will tell you about the tyre anomoly,ie USA standard vs AUST standard.It will make interesting reading.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Macca. I live in the outback of Far West TX. I overload my 2018 Raptor regularly, including having too much tongue weight.

Other than the obvious of drive carefully and slower than usual off-road and on highway, the only bother is that the headlights point quite high when overloaded, causing oncoming traffic to get annoyed by the headlights in their eyes.

Have fun!

OP
OP
Macca

Macca

Reaction score
Thanks Wheelman55,I always have fun driving the Raptor and i always take silly risks,though this great vehicle always delivers.
Anyway i understand your overloading dilemma with the headlights.I had a chuckle as over here we call it "possum shooting" for possums live in trees and we spotlight them to shoot them.
Thanks again for the encouraging advice re the overloading.I am gradually getting the picture.
I have owned F series before as well as the *** crap, and never seen a load limit set so clearly in black and white.
This is why i have been questioning the issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShockerFL