Raptor saved my life...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GPISON

Reaction score
I have had my Raptor for about a month and everyday I hop in it to go to work I find a new reason to love this truck more and more. I have not had this much fun since I was 16 and got my first muscle car.

Sunday I was driving from Branson Missouri back home to SE Indiana after a long weekend of fishing in the KVD tournament on Table Rock Lake. I was about 2 hours out side of Branson making great time, towing my boat. The group of cars that I was in crested a hill at 81 mph to see all of the traffic in front of us at a dead stop. With no time to react I slammed on my brakes just knowing that there would be no way I was going to get stopped before plowing into the stopped cars in front of me. I made a quick sway to the right and some how the truck got stopped before hitting anyone else. The anti sway in the Raptor kept that boat trailer straight as an arrow. Part of the reason for stopping so fast I'm sure had to do with the nitto terra grabbers I just put on the truck but I am in awe of how fast I was able to stop. Had I been in my Chevy Blazer, it surely would have jack knifed the trailer at the very least and carried me into all of the stopped traffic.

Just another reason I am a proud owner of the best truck on the road....

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't tow much but I don't think I would be doing 81mph while towing. Regardless you are alive and prob will be buying some new underwear. :)

Last edited:

FishingBen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude. When you tow a bassboat for a living you don't think anything about 80+ mph on the highway. Trust me on this one!

Glad you're ok. How'd you do on Table Rock?

OP
OP
GPISON

GPISON

Reaction score
Rough weekend on the lake for me. Fish were in transition just getting off of the beds. Spots were abundant on jerk baits. Spooks were the bait of choice for everyone that seemed to do the best.

I had other pro's pass me towing like I was standing still.

FishingBen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. If you're not collecting a check get home fast as heck.

I find post spawn transition hard too. I usually find the nearest "hole" near the flat with rock on it and throw tubes on a real light jighead.

Last edited:

Red

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with pulling 80+. That's if I don't mind paying for the extra fuel. This truck pulls great even with the stock springs.