Raptor Road Trip Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got some idea's I was looking at some Orv trail maps at work today. I would need to do some prerunning. The dunes isnt large enough imho to hold people's interest for more than 3-5 hours.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt there will ever be a delivery program like that, however, Kanakry & I are working with them for a fully supported 2013 event in Michigan to give us midwest owners something similar to the owners out west and in the south in terms of runs and offroading. What that will consist of... well "no comment" for now.

Cool...good luck...sounds really fun

OP
OP
WorldTour

WorldTour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Ford Racing's Raptor has the RPG kit too?

No, the Ford racing truck is a full coil over & trailing link setup, the truck with the RPG's is SVT's support truck. The truck carries tools, tires, replacement parts, test equipment, etc. so they have a stage 2 and unique to that truck set of leaf springs that allow it to carry a great deal of payload weight and still be able to follow the test trucks through varying terrain.
Mark

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

What he said!!! I find that very interesting as well. I think you may have uncovered some dirt, no pun intended.

No not really, considering what the truck is used for it makes perfect sense to have a that type of bump stop over the stock one when carrying so much extra weight. I will admit though that is helped me decide which route I'll be going when I upgrade, because if it's good enough for them then its good enough for me.

tbonemcniel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The question was asked and was met with an evil grin & shrugged shoulders, then the subject was changed right back to Raptor.

WTF!!!! I would be so friggen stoked! I own a 10 sec 1st Gen Lightning, a 12 sec (starting twin turbo build) Gen 2 Lightning, a 13 sec Harley Davidson F-150, and of course the Raptor. I would be ALL OVER a 3rd Gen Lightning!

Last edited:
OP
OP
WorldTour

WorldTour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WTF!!!! I would be so friggen stoked! I own a 10 sec 1st Gen Lightning, a 12 sec (starting twin turbo build for 9's) Gen 2 Lightning, a 13 sec Harley Davidson F-150, and of course the Raptor. I would be ALL OVER a 3rd Gen Lightning!

Dude, point was they aren't going to say anything and even if i were to come by a tidbit of info I wouldn't be saying anything either, thats how the cookie crumbles.

I will say that I was around when the 3rd Gen was cancelled in '05 and it was canceled for good reason at the time due to production/assembly pitfalls & limitations. That's all I'm going to say on the subject.

tbonemcniel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I understand that they won't say anything, but I'm just saying, a glimmer of hope is what I'm getting out of that. Enough to keep me praying for one.