Raptor Regret?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sound aside are you gonna use it for what it's intended for? I'm guessing.....75% of Raptor owners don't. Those 75% would get more out of a Non Raptor Supercharged V8. We can twist this 100 ways....do what's best for you.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's got to be some rental car outfit that could let you live with a G2 Raptor for a week and see if it actually suits you. I should have waited and found a way to rent both a G1 and G2 to compare living with them.
so you could have a gen 2 on stands in your garage for a year?

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, in my defense, I paid off the loan quickly, bought all the new/rebuilt parts for cash, paid my mortgage down by $60K, and had an unexpected $8500 repair bill for my solar panels. I've been in a rental while my daily driver ecoboost is getting a lot of overdue maintenance. Parts & tools set me back about $2K, but I didn't have to pay the $170/hr the dealership charges.. I'm upgrading 1200' of chain link fencing to keep my crazy Huskies in, and I'm selling off the extra Gen 1 suspension I'm not using. By summer I should have 2 dialed in trucks, more home projects finished, and be closer to paying off the mortgage. I'll be grinning ear to ear cruising around on these dirt roads in a big, loud, cushmonster Gen 1 Raptor with a Gen 2 suspension pretty soon.

Last edited:

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My biggest complaint about my G2 is that I get tired of all the ****** throwing themselves at me whenever I stop somewhere. :pimp:

I honestly am fine with the TT sound. With my bike racing background, I came to appreciate all kinds of engine sounds from my Honda 90 in the late '60's, then the 2 smokers, all the way up to the big 4 cycle singles we have now. One of my boats had a 502 with 4" straight pipes and it gave me a little wood every time I started it. That being said, I also loved the wailing outboard on the back of my modified tunnel hull. I love a good strong inline 4 sportbike, but a worked Harley sounds good too. I like it all. Just enjoy the sound of the right tool for the right job.

The drivability of the Raptor TT is excellent, its fast, great torque, not too bad on fuel, and it's pretty light. All that makes me really like the engine.

Last edited:

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Exhaust? All I hear is…..Am I Evil?! Yes I Am!! Mixed in with a little 2 Pac and George Strait.

Attachments

• IMG_1591.jpeg
    IMG_1591.jpeg
    194 KB · Views: 22