Raptor Raffle???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LEGORAPTOR

LEGORAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW!, 2 days without checking in on my thread. just got done reading all posts and yea, as I mentioned on the opening post, ONE entry per person, $100 each entry, is what I was thinking, I'm glad everyone is contributing and having suggestions and trying to make it fair for everyone. I think we should all see if we can get the 500 members to join the raffle before anything else. We should take it from there. Then theres the problem of of some members having double accounts. I know our admins and mods are smart, there should be away to eliminate that. LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN. If this is successful then have one every 3 months I think would be great.

OP
OP
LEGORAPTOR

LEGORAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, blue. And, you know what...something just clicked...LEGO isn't necessarily talking about raffling off the repo'd Raptor from that other thread, is he? LEGO, you're thinking of raffling a brand new one aren't you?

This could be win/win (-ish) for everybody. We could "Raptor Rescue for Charity" the repo'd one to be auctioned for a good cause and we could still hold an FRF "Win a New Raptor Raffle" for our members.

Does that clarify things a bit? Or, am I completely smoking crack? - YODA:Jedi:

Yes I am talking about a new raptor for a member of this forum.

OP
OP
LEGORAPTOR

LEGORAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that once the RAFFLE is posted and "ACTIVE", no one can enter the rafle unless they are a member of this forum as of the date of the raffle regardless of post count. If you have 3 or 3,333 it shouldn't matter. What matters is that you are a member (supporting or non-supporting).

Thoughts?

...Oh, by the way, I'm in at $50 or $100....

I think thats a good idea except I think it should only be for members, I mean.. $10 for 3 months of membership, is nothing considering how great this forum is. Remeber we want everyone to win in this and FRF would get a great amount of members after the first raffle. (since i suggested having one raffled every three months.)

OP
OP
LEGORAPTOR

LEGORAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say the raffle be for a BASIC Raptor and if the individual wants to upgrade it with all the extras then thats there respondsibility.

Great Idea IRON.. :peace: that way it would be easier to have a raptor available by the time we have a winner

OP
OP
LEGORAPTOR

LEGORAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a question. Why is it that some/most feel that a raffle should be limited to current members only? I thought that the point of a raffle would be to benefit a good cause plus set FRF apart from the rest. This would imply that part of the point of the raffle would be build the member base. But, you want to exclude the new members from the raffle? It's like dangling the carrot in front of the horse who knows you will never give him a bite!

I'm just trying to figure this out.

Also, my previous post in this thread were aimed at raffling off a new Raptor for a worthy cause.

It would be much easier to run a private raffle that way. Only members so you dont have to go through all that illegal bs. An only member raffle means the price per ticket can be high and doesn't need to be registered.

Private raffle
Another type of raffle that does not need to be registered is a private raffle.
o Tickets for this can be sold to people living or working in the same premises, or who are
members of an organisation or club.
o This raffle can only be advertised on the tickets, to members or on the premises.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I am talking about a new raptor for a member of this forum.
There isn't enough users on this forum alone to sell 500 tickets at $100 a piece. With the talk of "post count", limiting how many tickets each person could buy, this will never happen. Look how many tickets I had at the last raffle and what did I win? Nothing. It is all luck of the draw. The issue I see with "rescuing" a Raptor is this: It isn't going to hold off at an auction house until enough tickets are sold to purchase the Raptor. Even one with a salvage title isn't going to last. No one is going to front the cash up front in "hopes" that enough tickets would be sold. Then you have the issue of trying to get it fixed. Great in theory. I have a shop that could handle it but I am not a mechanic and do not pretend to be. While collectively we have the ability to repair a truck, it isn't going to happen. The only way a raffle could possibly happen is to raffle off a new one.

It would take 380 tickets (minimum) for a break even point. With only 3000 users you are assuming that 1 out of 6 people is going to buy a ticket. My guess is that there isn't even 380 real active users on this site. We've see a couple come out during just this thread that read the forums, but do not post a lot.

Another thing: It all depends on the state that the raffle is taking place in. In Texas, only Non-Profit 501c3's can legally hold a raffle. In Florida it is just illegal. Raffles are a form of gambling and subject to those laws.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LEGORAPTOR

LEGORAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now we have 2600 members. I can see this jumping to over 5000 as soon as word gets out about this. It would all be people here only for the raffle and nothing else.

Exactly, imagine how many people would join in a jiff if they heard about this.:peace:

It's a win/win for everyone!

OP
OP
LEGORAPTOR

LEGORAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We could start a poll to check how many members as of right now would enter the raffle... I think thats the only way to be sure if we can make this possible with limiting 1 ticket per member. If not then we can make it 2 per member, no biggie....

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't get it. Is the raffle for a member to win a Raptor or to donate a Raptor to charity? Either way, it's kinda awesome, but I don't see the need for a raffle to donate to charity...?