Raptor Raffle???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But he spent more dough to increase his chances while others didn't. It's still a game of chance regardless of the number of ticket one has unless it really is a ridiculous ratio.

f16YODA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fellas, I gotta say I think you are being a little greedy. Especially since many of you already have a truck or don't want/need a Raptor. (6.2 being an exception) This whole discussion began with my suggestion in the original thread that we as an FRF team buy and fix up that abandoned truck and auction it off for a good cause, such as the aforementioned Wounded Warriors Project.

Shoot, I don't even own a truck yet, just have one ordered (or on material hold, damnit!). I'm not trying to **** anybody off, I just wanted to get my opinion out there again. Thoughts?

- YODA :Jedi:

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
how can you say that. if there was 10 tickets sold and you purchase 5 of them then me and five other folks purchase the other 5 you have a better % chance than me to win.

Yes, someone who purchases more tickets would have a better chance of winning. What I am saying is: If you only purchased 1 ticket, you would have a 1/500 chance of winning. Regardless of how the other tickets were sold. If someone bought 10 tickets, it wouldn't effect your chances of winning. You would still have a 1/500 chance.

fyi, I'm thinking that they would need to sell at least 600 tickets at $100 each to make enough profit to donate to a worthy cause.

f16YODA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fellas, I gotta say I think you are being a little greedy. Especially since many of you already have a truck or don't want/need a Raptor. (6.2 being an exception) This whole discussion began with my suggestion in the original thread that we as an FRF team buy and fix up that abandoned truck and auction it off for a good cause, such as the aforementioned Wounded Warriors Project.

Shoot, I don't even own a truck yet, just have one ordered (or on material hold, damnit!). I'm not trying to **** anybody off, I just wanted to get my opinion out there again. Thoughts?

So if the truck is bought and all money goes to a charity, who is paying for the truck? and who gets the truck?

whtrapta, whoever from this great forum is willing to give up some time or money to the cause. I mentioned in the original post that I'd be willing to put off an upgrade of my (eventual) truck to do something cool like this. Those who contribute can sign the truck and write off the charitable contribution. FRF could be plastered all over it. Then, whoever buys it at auction (Barrett-Jackson would be awesome, ebay would be less exciting) gets the privilege of owning this kickass truck. The proceeds go to Wounded Warriors and/or another great cause. Didn't Ford auction off the first GT and give the proceeds to a charity? This would be similar, but from the badass ************* on FRF!

Have at FRF!

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
im with whtrapta i dont understand ....your saying we all pitch in buy the truck then auction it off having all the money go to a charity??? sounds like a badass idea ,but i think this thread was more about everyone doing a raffle for it to have a member win one .

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
but i think this thread was more about everyone doing a raffle for it to have a member win one .

That IS the point of the thread. Raptor Rescue! We rescue Raptors. We all pitch in whatever amount of money, and someone (BIRDMAN, since he is too slow to make off with the cash) picks out a name and that name JUST WON A RAPTOR!

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
That IS the point of the thread. Raptor Rescue! We rescue Raptors. We all pitch in whatever amount of money, and someone (BIRDMAN, since he is too slow to make off with the cash) picks out a name and that name JUST WON A RAPTOR!

Exactly. But say a person who pitches in $500 has a better chance than someone who pitches $100. Say... 5:1?

f16YODA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im with whtrapta i dont understand ....your saying we all pitch in buy the truck then auction it off having all the money go to a charity??? sounds like a badass idea ,but i think this thread was more about everyone doing a raffle for it to have a member win one .

blue, you are right that is what this thread is about. I didn't intend to try to hijack it, I was just reiterating my position from my original post a few days ago: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/check-raptor-out-4441/index2.html#post70445.

If you, or anyone else, think I should start a new thread, then I will. I'm not trying to make enemies here, I'm trying to use the friendships I'm building to do something good.

Have at us!