Raptor R - Will you be buying this beast.

Raptor R in 2022, are you in?

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 80 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 122 60.4%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Also on the back of my mind, and this is thoughts for today not for a year from now where we find out when and how to even buy a V8. I am perfectly happy with my 19 Raptor. It’a paid for, makes great power, does everything I want it to do. If I’m completely honest I prefer the exterior of the gen 2 and like the creature comfort interior of the gen 3. It may be a tougher call than I think it will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fireguy144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I afford one YES Will I buy one HELL NO!!! If I'm going to be spending over 100 grand for a car its not going to be a pickup truck, maybe a Ferrari , Lamborghini. This has gotten so far out of hand remember 75/80 is pushing the limits for a pickup truck, but when they start going over 100,000 grand thats a hard NO. Ill keep my 2019 forever and spend that kind of money for a Ferrari.. Take that FORD

Lol.. I do t think $100,000 grand will cover a Ferrari...lol

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The PowerBoost weighs 600lbs more than the non-hybrid; the 5.2 Predator would add 150lbs at most. The PowerBoost also restricts the fuel tank size to 30.5 gallons, so no extended range 36 gallon tank. PowerBoost is just not a good fit for this application.

Powerboost also increases range by ~200 miles, so the smaller tank still has greater range.

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely not! I'd rather have the small increase in fuel economy than have the sound. This decision is even easier with the new exhaust system. The 2021 raptor 6 cylinder eb sounds badass now!! The few things that are making me consider upgrading, 37 inch tires from factory, 5 link rear, and 3.1 shocks from factory. The new look will have to grow on me so unless I get a golden opportunity, I'll be happy rocking my 18

OP
OP
R

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely not! I'd rather have the small increase in fuel economy than have the sound. This decision is even easier with the new exhaust system. The 2021 raptor 6 cylinder eb sounds badass now!! The few things that are making me consider upgrading, 37 inch tires from factory, 5 link rear, and 3.1 shocks from factory. The new look will have to grow on me so unless I get a golden opportunity, I'll be happy rocking my 18
I am really liking the new look. It is more modern looking. If it had a more powerful engine I would be buying it right away.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had '17 Raptor and it was only first year vehicle I have ever bought. Only minor issues, but never shifted as good as my '20 does. So by '23 I am probably going to be leaning toward something like F250 Tremor to pull larger travel trailer. My '20 does great pulling my 24' TT but about at it's comfortable limit.

raptorbone

Reaction score
I just bought my a King Ranch Expedition. $80K. This is just the price of trucks now. Get in or get out.

boomtruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting both. My 19's has the juice squeezed out of her and need a new one. 2021 w/37 till the R comes out. It's going to look a lot better in my yard then in these pictures. Even pix of the Gen2s are looking plain on the screen and look wicked on the street ( still get comments on my truck today) I'v have asked for trailing arms for awhile and am looking forward to a better handling truck. Leaf springs do a poor job of locating the rear axle in the rough stuff.