Raptor R against Shelby F-150 supercharged

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont tell him this--But he will be looking at your tail lights a few seconds after take-off!!

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honest question, who cares about 0-60 on a off road truck?
Literally ******* everyone which is why it’s a thing. These posts are so damn annoying. Obviously this is a big deal for the masses buying these trucks and obviously why Ford made this truck to begin with. TRX says hello. We didn’t need the R at all, it’s not going to be any better off road or through the dunes than my 37PP, they made it to shut up the cry babies that wanted a V8 and they only supercharged it because they needed 700HP to not let down the Ford fans that would moan about the “ultimate Raptor” falling short of a 3year old Ram.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Literally ******* everyone which is why it’s a thing.

Not me. And I'm still füçkíng, albeit at a much reduced rate. :) At least the R will suck off all the Raptor buyers that only want a fast street truck and I can buy my gen 3 at invoice.

These posts are so damn annoying.

Then I guess you better put on your big-boy pants and get over it. :D

BigTaco

Reaction score
Because that’s an aftermarket package with an advertised number and no validation. It’s not OEM engineered, it’s a conglomeration of various aftermarket parts with some badges stuck on. Just like the Gen 1 “Roush” trucks; they advertise “700HP” but can’t outrun a base model F-150.

The Shelby/Tuscany/Roush/Hennessy/SVC are all garbage; they share a penchant for taking a perfectly good running engine and destroying it by modding it outside of its intended design and purpose. Which is why they underperform and fail.
You hit it on the head. The Shelby name has a legacy but man, it has been taken into the realms of folklore.

The current Shelby offerings (not the Ford manufactured stuff) are created with a mix of parts from great suppliers that are actually "private label" or rebranded. This is good when the supplier has an actual engineering process that includes validation. Some of the the stuff is from an "engineered to fit" mindset (read: worse than the oem parts they replace).

The Ford engineered Shelby vehicles are great. Unfortunately, there is this myth that Shelby helped designed and engineer them. Truth be told, other than some opinion sharing, he just took a big check. I'm ok with that.

There are car people and Shelby people. Car people understand the "big check" comment, no big deal. Shelby people think and perpetuate a lot of lies and myths.

I used to own a 2007 GT500 several years back. There were countless times when I would be at a gas station and get approached by a "Shelby" guy who was clearly a fan of the car and the brand. Usually they would walk around the car and tell me all of the great things Carol Shelby did to help engineer and guide Ford. It would be different stories every time, but each time, all of it was BS. I'm not one to crush dreams so I would just thank them and move along with my day.