Raptor Overland

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Joe, sorry for the delayed response ...

So the Llumar matte film has been good and bad. It does its job protecting the paint and looks great.

The problem is that mine came from a defective batch of film, and had areas where the film had darker stripes. This was a widely reported issue, and not only with Llumar but also with Xpel matte film released around the same time, which led many people to conclude that it was either an issue with a chemical that was supplied to all the manufacturers, or more likely that they all come from the same place and then individual manufacturers may or may not add additional product on it on their end.

In any case, Llumar is Eastman, and they were very responsive and refunded me the full amount of the wrap and installation, and they also offered me to pay to have someone remove it. I chose to keep it as it was free and the truck is dirty most of the time so you can't see the stripping.

My understanding is that this issue has since been resolved, if so I would recommend the film. (I don't think Llumar offers it any more but its sister company Suntek does)

---------

Hope you made it through the storm ok.

Reaction score
I have a question. I plan on putting a winch bumper on my 2012 Raptor. Would I need a larger intercooler or does that only apply to the later model Raptor?