Raptor Overland

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Suntek and Xpel self heal scratches.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

Standard Suntek and Xpel? I've got Xpel on some of my Raptor - how does it "self heal?"

I've got small "pockmarks" or gouges in the clear film where the branches poked and moved (gouged) the film. They ain't healing themselves. Maybe I can try to push the moved film back to the gouge but they're like film bumps not flaps that can be flipped over to cover the gouges.

Tell me how you've seen film "self heal" please

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Standard Suntek and Xpel? I've got Xpel on some of my Raptor - how does it "self heal?"

I've got small "pockmarks" or gouges in the clear film where the branches poked and moved (gouged) the film. They ain't healing themselves. Maybe I can try to push the moved film back to the gouge but they're like film bumps not flaps that can be flipped over to cover the gouges.

self heal scratches.

With water and/or heat, scratches will go away. Nothing you can do about those gouges other than replace it. That’s exactly why I didn’t do the whole truck. I wrapped the front and it’s peeling and it gets damaged in the desert.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score

Take hot water and dump it on the film. it will heal.. well sort of.

In all honesty, if you're out in the sun it should heal.

If it isnt healing, tear it off, put fresh stuff on, rinse/repeat.

Reaction score
Ive had Xpel on other vehicles, it will self heal like a scratch on your arm will self heal. take a chunk of flesh out or cut your arm off and the advantages of self healing aren't as noticeable.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the raptor is about to go dormant in storage for a few months ...

I'm leaving AZ in a day and won't be back till June 1st, right after I take the Raptor Assault course at the end of May. Good news is that I'll be in AZ for the whole month of June to have more fun in the sand.

In the meantime back to my original car related love, HPDE tracking ... getting my SCCA license this year.

Last edited:

RaptArAz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great looking truck and photos - love the Sedona area.

From Perkinsville to Jerome is a great ride. If you're inclined, you should check out the drive from Prescott to Crown King. Definitely one of the most spectacular things I've done here in AZ.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m turning my raptor into a overlander. Thoughts on what bug spray is the best? Or do you usually just park near a hotel over nite. I really don’t like to stay in a tent or anything and I doubt I will be able to tow my camper behind me. Just trying to figure this all out. So far I bought a good jack and things like beer and stuff. I’m sure I’m forgetting a lot but I’m time I will learn what all I need

---------- Post added at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

So far I been doing some overland journeys and it’s been pretty kool. I have trails behind my house that extend up to almost 6 miles back into the woods. I didn’t need to bring a whole lot of extra things due to I decided just to drive back to the house each nite and sleep. But I did turn it into a 3 day event. I probably covered somewhere around 13 miles total. It was a mix of driving, mostly just flat grass covered trails but one section gets alittle sandy but I just put truck into Baja mode and had no problems clearing 30 ft section. Truck is just amazing at how it handles everything I threw at it and put it through. I will be buying a sat phone soon and better cooler for keeping beer cold because this summer it will be hot as hell and If I do get stranded somewhere like 2 miles behind house I don’t wanna be stranded there for long with beer getting hot. I have been airing the tires down to 38 psi, curious as to what ya recommend for this type of excursions I’m going on. I’m definitely all about using this truck for what it’s built for.