Raptor on the Rockies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jolsen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple pics on our trip to the mountains.These were taken on a mining road North of Leadville Colorado. Thats my wife dusting the snow off after busting her butt.

Attachments

• IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 169

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A photo from the top of Cinnamon Pass - 12,600 feet in elevation. We came upon this Honda XL650 rider who had cracked his case and ruined his clutch on a rock. We loaded him up, and trucked him and his bike over the top of the pass and down into Silverton where he bought us pizza and locally distilled rum.

Attachments

• Honda Recovery Vehicle at Cinnamon Pass 12,600 feet.jpg
    Honda Recovery Vehicle at Cinnamon Pass 12,600 feet.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 147

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leadville area of Colorado is downright majestic. Serious elevation up there, your Raptor looks happy.

I dug the Raptor rescue story too, sound like the guy was thankful.

Raptor girl

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
A photo from the top of Cinnamon Pass - 12,600 feet in elevation. We came upon this Honda XL650 rider who had cracked his case and ruined his clutch on a rock. We loaded him up, and trucked him and his bike over the top of the pass and down into Silverton where he bought us pizza and locally distilled rum.

I was just there in July. We used the RZRS on the pass, it was amazing. What wasn't amazing, was the trip from Ouray to Silverton. No one told me about the Million Dollar highway. We were driving the Semi, with a 40 foot toyhauler. That was insane. I want to go back, if we do I will only take the Raptor.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gotta tell you, the Raptor performed up there. That machine has absolutely no concept of what "difficult terrain" is. Steep grades, rocks, loose dirt, stream crossings or smooth, dry pavement, it's all the same to a Ford Raptor. Folks, we are fortunate Americans indeed to own machines like this.