Raptor off the line acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Soooo. you were in normal mode, didn't floor it off the line, didn't floor it when you noticed the other vehicle challenging you for the lane and you're wondering why it was slower than the reported 0-60 times you see in reviews...

Ironwood

Reaction score
I’ve ordered a Raptor but don’t have it yet. I’ve never even driven one. I assumed that the 5.1 second 0-60 time I’ve read about was achieved by a skinny driver standing on the brake in sport mode, revving the engine to a couple thousand RPM and launching hard in 4A at WOT. Best times are probably at sea level in cold temperatures on a sticky track.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why don’t you play around with the modes yourself and see if there is any differences?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The object lesson here is not what your 0-60 time is, or how capable the truck is, the object lesson is you had a plan, but you failed to execute the plan.

The road is chock full of a$$holes with nothing better to do than take out their passive aggressive frustrations on society. Anyone who has spent any amount of time on track knows just how poor the average American - and yes, even the overhyped European drivers are. Add to this the distracted, cell-yakking, coffee drinking, cigarette smoking, 2 kids and a dog in the back seat of the way underpowered minivan in front of you no matter where you go, and you have a recipe for frustration.

“Pass with prejudice. Always.” If you leave any ambiguity, the passive aggressive human will take the opportunity to block you. Even the inattentive.
Try to pass someone tomorrow, at about 1mph faster than they are going. If they’re not using cruise control, watch their speed tick upwards as you pass.

If someone else has faster pace, yield the right of way. Take the blocker and be happy about it. Unless they’re a road rager trying to jump in front and do a panic stop, don’t keep a driver with a faster pace behind you. So, don’t execute the pass if you’re going to hold back other drivers. not saying that’s what you did here.

The Rap is fast for a capable 4x4 truck, but it has a lazy “default” or economy driving mode. Either accept having to tick on sport mode or get a pedal commander if this shown an incompatibility with your driving style.

Bjoeaull

Reaction score
Lets not forget that some of these mid sized crossovers can be pushing just under 300hp. factor in the lightness of them and some of them can scoot. I also have a 17 caravan gt I drive for work/family errand things and I think it has 260hp, that thing will get to gettin faster than you think it will.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The object lesson here is not what your 0-60 time is, or how capable the truck is, the object lesson is you had a plan, but you failed to execute the plan.

That may be true but, at the same time, it is really disappointing for a $70k "Ford Performance" truck to have to go WOT in Sport Mode to beat a base SUV to a merge point, no?

The Rap is fast for a capable 4x4 truck, but it has a lazy “default” or economy driving mode. Either accept having to tick on sport mode or get a pedal commander if this shown an incompatibility with your driving style.

In other words, unless you spool the shit out of your Taurus motor, your truck is slow as shit.

OP - you will probably need a forged bottom end and larger turbos to get your truck where you want it to be.

Makreting hype sucks. :ROFLJest:

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The troll is jelly. Tell us what you do with your truck. Pass semis in a head wind. How exciting! I hear there’s nothing quite like it.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The troll is jelly. Tell us what you do with your truck. Pass semis in a head wind. How exciting! I hear there’s nothing quite like it.

Jelly of barely passing a base model SUV? :ROFLJest:

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

And to think you clowns paid over MSRP to barely pass Honda CRVs. :ROFLJest::ROFLJest::ROFLJest:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ngodavid23