Raptor Noob Needs Help With First Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Uncooked

Reaction score
Hey guys just signed up hoping to get some good info. I have a fully built Ford Lightning so I know my aftermarket fairly well but all is new with a new vehicle !!

Basically I have decided on the full stainless works exhaust with lightning style exit (Be cool to match with my L when im towing / driveway etc....)

Need a intake kit

as well as a tuner / tune... (leaning towards 5 star)

Whats the best tuner going for these trucks? New X4 ? Diablosport ?

Is there any package deals setup out there for what im looking for through a vendor?

I need to order it up asap as I have traded a spare lightning transmission for shop time to have this all done. As well as a before and after dyno which should be cool ! Shop time is booked for june 8 - june 15 somewhere in there so I need to get on this and order up my junk asap !!

Thanks guys ! (any vendors feel free to PM me with package deals etc ! )

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

2012 black supercrew 6.2L competely stock ATM

Also to add I will be running the truck on 94 octane

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a SCT Livewire with a 5 star 93 performance tune on mine, which I bought for light towing and improved economy, and am very happy with it. The vast majority of Raptors here are going with 5 star. Don't expect equal HP gains as you might have experienced with your Lightning (I had a 01 L slightly modded). As far as packages, you're going to get various supporters, depending on what you intend to do with your Raptor. Mine will strictly see highway miles and no off-roading...I have a Jeep for that...and I see no reason to significantly increase the HP of my Raptor considering I already have a 9 second bike as my benchmark.

Anyway, that's my 2-cents, but welcome and enjoy your trucks! :cheers:

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Need a intake kiti run the injen and like it but i heard great things about the corsa

as well as a tuner / tune... (leaning towards 5 star)i use 5 star and i am very happy

Whats the best tuner going for these trucks? New X4 ? Diablosport ?if u use 5 star he only tunes with SCT

Is there any package deals setup out there for what im looking for through a vendor?Chris @ Freedom Motorsports can get u any of these items including the exhaust u want. i run the SW LT's and lightning style catback. it sounds nasty, i love it. good power gains from it too

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome, a lot of people run the same setup, I have the airraid cold air intake, stainless works headers and dual setup, mine exits the rear, they also make the side exit like the lightning, I use the 5 star tune. very happy with my setup, I also had a 04 lightning, nothing like the whine of the supercharger.

Chris at Freedom Motorsports x3

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love to go over all your options with you, give me a call at your convenience at 276-233-0097 and I will narrow things down for you and let you know what savings I can provide during our current sale.

Goofball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and just stick with the stock air box. Intakes are way to expensive for what little they do performance wise. And get the Corsa exhaust. Don't say I didn't tell you so. Got a good package myself from Gotexhaust.com

McDowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the afe stage 2 intake and love it! Also have the sctx4 from 5atar tuning and holy shit it's awesome. Get that drone tend up on mid perch and some exhaust also and then you should be set for now

Sent from your girlfriends closet