Raptor Expeditions - El Bandito 500 - Baja

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Raptor Expeditions

Raptor Expeditions

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It will be made very clear to all signed up participants the requirements and general prep LONG before our departure date. Every truck will be well prepared for this event, and our team will ensure we all have the safest and most fun experience possible.

Kuuaki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question, aside from passports and enhanced drivers license from certain states, do you know if SENTRI will work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Quick question, aside from passports and enhanced drivers license from certain states, do you know if SENTRI will work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I imagine if you've been qualified through the SENTRI process (and your Raptor is also registered under your SENTRI approved vehicles), then it would work. However, I'm not sure that all crossings have SENTRI lanes, or access.

In either case, bringing a passport will still be a requirement, as this will also be your best bet for identification when in Mexico for a variety of possible circumstances.

Best thing I've done, is getting the Passport Card. Much easier and smaller than a passport, waterproof, etc. Basically, it's like a driver's license.

passport-card.jpg

Lots of time until October... many options! Even those that don't have a passport yet have plenty of time to get one. I'd highly recommend adding the Passport Card option at the time you apply for a passport. It's not much more.

Last edited:

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I applied for the passport card with the book.

Keeping the book in a safe place and carrying the card.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just renewed my passport and got the card option as well. The card is for land and sea crossing for Canada and Mexico only passbook good for all border crossings. If I go on a trip like this I would cary both in case I need to fly home or the possibility of a local authority that is very strict. I cross in to canda occasionally on day trips and the card is great, we do have inhanced drivers licence but I prefer the passcard.

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Well, I am thinking about where to keep the passbook safe and secure while there. Obviously, I will be carrying the card around with me, but it seems rather hard to secure both together (walking around, in hotel rooms, or on the truck) I'll have to see what the people more knowledgeable than me in terms of Mexico have to say about it.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes that is a concern, I usually keep the passport around my near at all times when traveling out of the country. The card is great for day trips to canada and will cary it with me if I go to Mexico just as a convenience. I would not think it is a good idea to lock it in the truck. Look at a site like Magellans.com for ideas on passport carry options.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I usually only bring the card. No need for the book, unless you had to fly for some reason. Under those circumstances, it means that you had some sort of last minute emergency... in which case I'm sure they would accept your passport card given the circumstances. After all, you can't be refused entry back into your own country... just may be extra questioning involved.

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
That's what I've heard. That the passcard is enough for travelers to Mexico. I also agree, in the event of an emergency they will probably fly you out. You can probably register with the American Embassy in Mexico too just in case to let them know you are there during those dates.