GEN 1 Raptor Bumper Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ikarah

Reaction score
I just got mt first 2011 SVT Raptor but, the aftermarket bumper thats on it is not great. The fitment doesn't line up correctly makes me think it came from a smaller width F150. Are there any good recommendations for an affordable front steel bumper that won't break the bank and is plug and play? Thanks all

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What kind of bumper? Frame cut (probably not since plug and play), tubular, plate steel, valence, winch mount, big ol brush guard boat anchor, something to improve approach angle? There’s a ton of options.

OP
OP
Ikarah

Ikarah

Reaction score
202209-df93311510c74135baf5be553accfea6.jpg

This is what's currently on and it doesn't look like it belongs to the car. I don't mind having something a similar style that's not too expensive/ not to heavy. Would be plug and play and steel. Thoughts? To be honest I don't know much about aftermarket bumpers it's my first truck

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is an odd looking replacement.

First off, figure out what style you are after. Then go from there. ADD makes a ton of bumpers with differebt looks from nearly nothing (giggity) to pre runner looks like the one I have.

OP
OP
Ikarah

Ikarah

Reaction score
That is an odd looking replacement.

First off, figure out what style you are after. Then go from there. ADD makes a ton of bumpers with differebt looks from nearly nothing (giggity) to pre runner looks like the one I have.
Thank you for your response, I would say I'm looking for something that looks more low profile with no pre-runner guard l, preferably lightweight, steel

Edit: Is the stock SVT Raptor bumper made of steel?

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Raptor shall be referred to as a truck, not a car.

That bumper is horrible, I agree.

ADD and SVC both make nice looking bumpers, and there are expensive as hell. There are others who make them as well, that's just two off the top of my head.

Nice looking and cheap don't go together for aftermarket bumpers, expecially when an F150 Raptor is involved. Due to the extra width, only bumpers made for a Raptopr fit a Raptor. You are going to need to shell out a least $2000, probably closer to $3000 to get something good. And it's going to rust like a SOB in the first winter.

I'd look for a stock bumper if I were you.

ADD

SVC

Edit: RPG is another, there are cheaper than ADD and SVC

Last edited:

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I just installed a SVC bumper on my Gen 2. They are great and good quality. I would look at the 3 websites listed above and order one you like.

It really is personal preference as far as style goes. Use of the truck plays a little part in it as well. Don't necessarily need a frame cut bumper if mall cruiser and forest service roads.

OP
OP
Ikarah

Ikarah

Reaction score
The Raptor shall be referred to as a truck, not a car.

That bumper is horrible, I agree.

ADD and SVC both make nice looking bumpers, and there are expensive as hell. There are others who make them as well, that's just two off the top of my head.

Nice looking and cheap don't go together for aftermarket bumpers, expecially when an F150 Raptor is involved. Due to the extra width, only bumpers made for a Raptopr fit a Raptor. You are going to need to shell out a least $2000, probably closer to $3000 to get something good. And it's going to rust like a SOB in the first winter.

I'd look for a stock bumper if I were you.

ADD

SVC

Edit: RPG is another, there are cheaper than ADD and SVC
Thank you those are some awesome options for the truck, I really appreciate it. Do you know if the stock bumper is just plastic or is it steel? Ive never been up close to one so I'm not too sure

OP
OP
Ikarah

Ikarah

Reaction score
I just installed a SVC bumper on my Gen 2. They are great and good quality. I would look at the 3 websites listed above and order one you like.

It really is personal preference as far as style goes. Use of the truck plays a little part in it as well. Don't necessarily need a frame cut bumper if mall cruiser and forest service roads.
I'll look into those too. Ty!

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stock bumper is steel, although the skid plate you see is aluminum.