Raptor Assault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
My wife and I went back in October 2019 stayed for 10 days. We stayed in Panquich for 7 days and went to Zion Bryce Canyon and the Arches We rented a Jeep and had a blast! There are all kinds of trails along the roads. The park’s phenomenal. During the Assault course my wife went shopping. We stayed at a Best Western in Toelle which was close to the course. I would highly recommend it. Driving their trucks on the courses and about 6000ft up the mountains was pretty awesome.
Your wife can drive road track in a supped up Mustang for $40 I think. You will learn some cool things about the truck that I would have never known before the course. I would go back if I could! Next time when I sell my 2019 and get the 2023 I’ll go again.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, friends nor enemies can tag along. Only thing they can do is eat dinner the night before if you pay for them.

I drove my former 2017 Gen2 from NY to Moab, Lake Powell, then up to Tooele. My wife took my truck to shop and had lights installed on my bumper while I did the assault.

I was really surprised how cool it was. They have classroom in morning, then all day on handling course and in mountains. Unreal what the truck is capable of. Steep climbs, straddling huge ruts up and down. I bottomed truck hard coming down. I was odd man out so had truck to myself. Otherwise you pair up and swap driving every 20 minutes or so. Instructors are very knowledgeable and super cool.

Well worth it. I passed on it for my 2019 and 2020, but now that I have my Gen3 and will get the opportunity again, I just may do it again.

As for the insurance, I saw no occasion where you could damage the truck unless you go crazy. I did get the insurance, which was then $75, but it’s not needed. There is no way in h e l l you would wind up paying for the truck. They have to have insurance.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will have Gen 3s. When I went 4 years ago, the trucks were a mix of pre-production trucks and trucks with VINs. I would assume that it will be the same this time. Maybe a greater percentage of the preproduction test trucks.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife will be traveling with me on the drive there and back but leaving the kids with friends. Driving 7+ hours in a rig with children would not be fun at all. We will take a couple of days extra to explore a bit of the off road goodies in the area. Granted, I have everything from mountains to desert with in an hours drive of where I live but new country is always welcome. I will be at the May 25th dinner and driving the 26th.

MasterWaterSkier

Reaction score
For folks driving out.. I am sure all of us have the GasBuddy app on our phones to find cheaper gas, but I found a new feature...

If you go to Gas Buddy from a computer, they have a "Plan your Trip" feature. You enter your start, end, any stop... then enter your Raptor details.. and it routes your trip and tells you where to stop to get the best prices for gas.

I just used it last week from WI to Moab.. Most expensive gas I paid was in Moab @ $4.49/gal.. but the rest of the trip I don't think I paid more than $3.70.... $3.48/49 a couple places.

Crazy how in 20 miles the price of gas can change $.50/gal.. when you are filling a 36gal tank, that adds up.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For folks driving out.. I am sure all of us have the GasBuddy app on our phones to find cheaper gas, but I found a new feature...

If you go to Gas Buddy from a computer, they have a "Plan your Trip" feature. You enter your start, end, any stop... then enter your Raptor details.. and it routes your trip and tells you where to stop to get the best prices for gas.

I just used it last week from WI to Moab.. Most expensive gas I paid was in Moab @ $4.49/gal.. but the rest of the trip I don't think I paid more than $3.70.... $3.48/49 a couple places.

Crazy how in 20 miles the price of gas can change $.50/gal.. when you are filling a 36gal tank, that adds up.

Are these premium prices or are you running sams club gas in your Raptor? I've come to peace with $4.50+ per gallon. It is what it is.

MasterWaterSkier

Reaction score
Are these premium prices or are you running sams club gas in your Raptor? I've come to peace with $4.50+ per gallon. It is what it is.
Those are not premium prices.. I was burning gas way to fast to know the difference... 231 gallons in a week. This pic is my trip recording for the week.

and actually.. in WI/MN I am used to the regular gas being 87 octane, but it seemed once you got somewhere in Nebraska.. certainly CO and Utah, the regular gas was 85 octane... burned fine and had similar MPG..20220327_151050.jpg