Raptor Assault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’re a seasoned off-road person, you won’t find it super enlightening (according to the guy I was paired up with at Assault). However, for me it was a blast and super informative. The experience was a lot of fun. I’d leave the family behind - there’s nothing to do nearby for family and flights and hotels are too much. My family told me to go and have fun. So I did. :)

This is what I'm doing. I'm going solo, leaving the wife and 3 kids, but I'm flying them out to Colorado Springs and then after I'm done I'm gonna fly up to meet them for their vacation.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looking at heading to raptor assault in May, but looking at costs for flights / places to stay for the family and it can get pretty expensive. As is everything these days.

For people that have gone in the past.

Is it worth it?

Thanks
for a family...no...not much to do in salt lake in may....I did it as a solo

ACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do RA. If you can drive your truck out there you can bring the family and do some off-roading in SLC. There are many places within a few hours of SLC. I made a 10 day trip out of it and did many trails in SLC and Moab!

Get the insurance for the $80. You have to pay $5K max if you destroy the truck. I’d rather pay $5K and than $80K. Then you can send it!

I learned a lot from RA and having my own truck up there to play on the trails afterwards really helped reinforce what I learned!

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wife and I made a five day trip of it in 2019. We spent the time sightseeing, hiking, and skiing. She went all in with a spa day while I was at RA. No option then for her to drive or she would have.

Check out Salt Lake downtown, including Temple Square, Lion House, Utah Jazz, Antelope island, skiing, Olympic park at Park City, etc.

I would do it again.

1648488099742.jpeg

Last edited: