Raptor Assault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd go if they would only do one driver per Raptor, since social distancing is the main factor in not getting it, but unfortunately the folks at RA don't care to take this measure, at least from what I read on their site. If they change it, I'll go.

I'm glad I'm not an instructor ...

usurper

Reaction score
Having been there, and knowing that RA is run by a small 3rd party that's licensed by Ford to deliver these classes, I would think they would be pushing pretty hard to stick to the schedule as much as possible. We had a few trucks in my class with only 1 person. I think they could feasibly cut the class in half, keep one driver per truck, and have the classroom discussions in the larger showroom vs. the tighter classroom.

Hope they're able to continue with classes in some form as too long of a gap would probably kill this program entirely.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
4) Just how many people under 70 with NO preexisting conditions do you know that has contracted CV?

I know about 50, including two who died and two who spent a month in the hospital. One of the guys who died was 50 but had asthma. Many of those were right around 70, I don't know everyone's age. But I'm a bridge player

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ working in healthcare and being in contact with covid patients daily I can say that 90% of covid deaths in my area have been patients age 50-80+.

However, by far the majority of positive cases at our facility and area are in the 20-40 year old range. Only a handful have required hospitalization and have recovered. But definately the majority of our positive cases.

I also cancelled. Partly bc as stated earlier, I am in contact daily (esp with recent spike). So I didn't want to put anyone on airline, RA staff, attendees or truck partner at risk due to my high level of exposure and risk of being an asymptomatic carrier.

But also bc of the recent spike, we are not allowed to travel to hot spot areas.... and SLC was on that list.

If things turn around I may reschedule in late fall. If not, it is what it is at this point.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know about 50, including two who died and two who spent a month in the hospital. One of the guys who died was 50 but had asthma. Many of those were right around 70, I don't know everyone's age. But I'm a bridge player

Wow, 50? My whole sphere of influence is probably close to 50. Are you a doctor in a hospital? Just wondering how you know so many.

tom wansor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="911 Crazy, post:
4) Just how many people under 70 with NO preexisting conditions do you know that has contracted CV?[/QUOTE]
Over 20 and 3 that have died. All deaths were over 65. I am in NY metro area and still can't find bleach wipes in stores. But we do have tp now.