Raptor Assault travel question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MacK88DO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those that have done the program already, would booking a return flight at 5:45 pm from SLC after the driving day be cutting things too close? Never flown out of SLC and don’t know how easy it is to navigate/how much time I need to give myself to get through security and rental car return. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lnferno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t gone yet (going in April), but I thought the schedule says that it’s not done until 5pm. I don’t think you’d have enough time.

OP
OP
M

MacK88DO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I thought I read on here somewhere that most of the driving days actually wrap up around 4-430ish. Probably pushing the envelope a little too much even if that’s true.

Daxton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what the email says for my dates: Sunday/Monday.

Welcome Reception –
Check-in 5:15 – 5:45 p.m. / Dinner Reception 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.

Raptor Assault –
Check-in 7:30 – 7:50 a.m. / Program 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

NV997tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that’s your best option you can probably make it unless there is an issue out on the mountain run. You come back to the ford facility for a graduation that takes about 30-45 min that you could cut off and split. 2-3 people in my class did just that for the same reason.

If there is a later flight you’ll enjoy not rushing and getting dinner in SLC before the airport. The airport was fast in my experience compared to Atl.

Are you going to be returning a rental car?

OP
OP
M

MacK88DO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah returning a rental as well. I’ll probably just spend an extra night and grab a nice dinner or something.

NV997tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry you answered the rental car question. So, some of the car rental places are off site... choose wisely. You'll have to wait on shuttle vs dropping off right by the airport entrance. Also, what are your dates and risk of weather? If it’s all snowy that could slow things down I’d guess. If there is a flight an hour or two later it would be ideal. But if your a hustler you can make it work I think. Don’t hate me if it goes wrong tho.

NV997tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you staying? Maybe stay the extra night in SLC or park city and enjoy a night in town. If your staying at the suggested partner hotel there is no “nice dinner” close.

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to Park City, the security check can be brutal at terminal 1, I sometimes walk to terminal 2 and walk back. It is faster.

But go to Park City, there is tons to do and see

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns