Raptor Assault - Detailed Course Overview

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i did ask, " how would one go about bribing their way into getting a ride in that?" while i was there.

the answer i got was, " good question, it's been a while since that thing has been on the track."

So I interpret that to mean that every single one of you should ask. hopefully one of you will get lucky and the owner will be in the building to say, " let's go wring her out".

Pretty cool to see a piece of history right in front of you.

I'm sure there is a new GT on the property ( or incoming), but there wasn't one on display or readily noticeable.

The car was originally owned by Mr Miller who originally built the campus to house his car collections and have a place to "exercise " them . Hes dead now and the property and probably that particular car are now owned by the county I would think seeing it move would be next to impossible. They did say the county is actively looking to sell UMC so i guess there's always the option to purchase it with the property.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
The car was originally owned by Mr Miller who originally built the campus to house his car collections and have a place to "exercise " them . Hes dead now and the property and probably that particular car are now owned by the county I would think seeing it move would be next to impossible. They did say the county is actively looking to sell UMC so i guess there's always the option to purchase it with the property.

yeah, it's been a big, long,non-productive, gross court battle for Tooele County.

i think they finally came to an agreement with the crappy development company that sued the county.

I just hope that however it plays out, the track and programs do nothing from benefit from the changes.

It would suck for everyone if these ford schools and other programs were canceled because things couldn't be worked out.

anyone want to lend me 20 million so I can buy the park, keep the car, then sell the park for 20 million? I will include unlimited rental days for the lender when they're in new orleans. :biggrin:

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I completed the Raptor Assault course this past Friday and JetDriver's description is spot on. The event was a lot of fun, the instructors are cool but will certainly get on you if you're doing something you shouldn't be. Especially if it's something you KNOW you shouldn't be doing.

The first thing my pod did was get on the short course track, which was actually also my favorite event of the day. It had been raining the day before and also that morning so it was nice and muddy making it very easy to slide the truck around and getting it nice and dirty. It was also the only exercise where they allowed you to get sideways. They even say "if you want to get sideways, now is the time to do it because you won't get to do it after this" or something to that effect.

The Baja course would have been my favorite if it was just a bit longer and we were allowed to go just a bit faster. There's a 40mph section and a 30mph section and if you follow the speed limit you get through it in about 1m20s. You do get two shots at it, once in each direction.

At the end of the driving when everyone went back to the class, the instructors seemed a little unsure how much longer Ford would be funding the program for. They encouraged everyone to take the survey that was emailed and to also post on social media using specific hashtags they provided us.

All-in-all, a very cool program and met some interesting people. Well worth the drive from SoCal.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
So I completed the Raptor Assault course this past Friday and JetDriver's description is spot on. The event was a lot of fun, the instructors are cool but will certainly get on you if you're doing something you shouldn't be. Especially if it's something you KNOW you shouldn't be doing.

The first thing my pod did was get on the short course track, which was actually also my favorite event of the day. It had been raining the day before and also that morning so it was nice and muddy making it very easy to slide the truck around and getting it nice and dirty. It was also the only exercise where they allowed you to get sideways. They even say "if you want to get sideways, now is the time to do it because you won't get to do it after this" or something to that effect.

The Baja course would have been my favorite if it was just a bit longer and we were allowed to go just a bit faster. There's a 40mph section and a 30mph section and if you follow the speed limit you get through it in about 1m20s. You do get two shots at it, once in each direction.

At the end of the driving when everyone went back to the class, the instructors seemed a little unsure how much longer Ford would be funding the program for. They encouraged everyone to take the survey that was emailed and to also post on social media using specific hashtags they provided us.

All-in-all, a very cool program and met some interesting people. Well worth the drive from SoCal.

the future of ALL of the programs is REALLY uncertain after this year, based on all the crap that has been going on with the county and the park.

Billy Ford reads all of the surveys as an FYI.

raminator08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did mine last week. Really recommend it for anyone on the fence. It's way more fun to thrash on a Raptor that's not yours. They should call it Raptor Abuse instead of Raptor Assault. Also learned a couple new things so that's a plus too and my co-driver was pretty cool (he must not be a forum member here). I was surprised to find out that Ford offered something like this for other models like the Focus/Fiesta ST and Focus RS and I hope Ford continues this.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does this mean they drop the price to compensate for taking away the free diving classes [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk