Ranger vs F150

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocks2Sand

Reaction score
The Ranger will be....

Faster
Handle better
Off-road better as it cant fit in smaller places/trails
Be cheaper

Its only down fall I can see... its smaller. If I wasnt a giant id buy one.
I dont think it will be that much cheaper... Seeing far more with ADM than I am 24 F-150 Raptors... At least until its a couple years old.
Not sure it will handle better, the width of the F-150 Raptor has a large impact on the handling at speed.

As similar as they seem, they are very different trucks. At speed on road and off, the F150 is likely to have much greater stability. The Ranger will fit more places easily, maybe compete with Tacoma's & Gladiators on trails, ect.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dealership are receiving only one for the first build.
first run=problems?
ADM will be 10-20
getting it in April?
Inside look so-so,not as finish as F150.
all this factor made me ordering a F150 Raptor.
last one is:
who want to go smaller?
totally agree is going to be a fast and fun truck!

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's like saying I'm going to buy a Chevy Blazer to off road because the '70s model was pretty bad ass. Who gives a **** what a model was like 40 years ago in a discussion on a current production model?

It's more like saying that I will never buy a Chevy Blazer because they've always been worthless piles of junk ...

My sense is that Ford gives an actual shit about the F150. The Ranger? Not so much. I haven't seen that change since 1985. The Ranger even went away completely for a few years and then came back. Ford doesn't put resources behind it. Could it be a great performer and as reliable as the sunrise? Sure. But that's not the way to bet. I really like the size of mid-size pickups. I'd love to buy one. Right now, none of them are in danger of replacing the Raptor. The Ranger does look great on paper. But then it always has. Has it ever delivered? I'm not going to bet that it will be different this time. I'm not about to beta test a new product that was designed by the B team. Sorry.

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's more like saying that I will never buy a Chevy Blazer because they've always been worthless piles of junk ...

My sense is that Ford gives an actual shit about the F150. The Ranger? Not so much. I haven't seen that change since 1985. The Ranger even went away completely for a few years and then came back. Ford doesn't put resources behind it. Could it be a great performer and as reliable as the sunrise? Sure. But that's not the way to bet. I really like the size of mid-size pickups. I'd love to buy one. Right now, none of them are in danger of replacing the Raptor. The Ranger does look great on paper. But then it always has. Has it ever delivered? I'm not going to bet that it will be different this time. I'm not about to beta test a new product that was designed by the B team. Sorry.

I enjoyed my '75 Blazer. But I also don't forget it's not 1975 any longer.

Your basic facts are wrong, and I assume because you're thinking like Ford is a US only product or because you're getting your info from a 1986 Consumer Reports. Either way, I don't care enough to try and convince you of anything except to maybe do a little research.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I enjoyed my '75 Blazer. But I also don't forget it's not 1975 any longer.

Your basic facts are wrong, and I assume because you're thinking like Ford is a US only product or because you're getting your info from a 1986 Consumer Reports. Either way, I don't care enough to try and convince you of anything except to maybe do a little research.

You're not going to convince me of anything with an attitude like that. Just sayin'....

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll try to make my point a little better. I get annoyed when insults come out of left field. Usually it's the signal that I've won an argument. But we weren't arguing, so ... I'm confused. Things change. The worst car on the road today is better than the best in 1985. Japan has lost a step to the US. Germany is in the toilet. I'll give you all of that. Let's narrow the field. Ford. Today. Which vehicle is most likely to be reliable? Number one is the F-150. The last financial analysis of Ford that I read valued the F-150 business higher than the entire company. They can't let it fail, so it's going to get a lot of attention and resources along with the best engineers. What's number two? Where else is Ford allocating the very best engineers? There are clues. Having worked decades in corporate America, no guesswork is required. Ford made a huge bet on EVs. Not only did they drink the KoolAid, they helped mix it. That's where all the cool kids want to work, the future of the company, the future of the world. :rolleyes: That's where the big effort is going, along with the best people. The effort might even be so great as to threaten the F-150. What's left? The B team. The trainees. The FNGs. The diversity hires. That's the crew designing anything that isn't an F-150 or an EV. But they're on a tight budget. I wouldn't touch any Ford that's not an F-150 or a Lightning with a ten foot pole. And I wouldn't touch an EV with a ten foot pole. You can do what you want. If a Ranger is your dream vehicle, roll the dice. Why not? But you should always know the odds before you play.

Edit: 1985, not 1895.
Edit again. Forgot about diversity hires. Not that Ford would stoop to that! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

fordrat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll give my 2 cents on mid or small vs a full size I bought my first truck in 1976 it was a 1960 F- 100 full size from then to now it’s pretty much been a full size truck because I use them my wife talked me into getting a mid size one time so she could drive it to ( the worst thing I ever did) you loose everything you need a truck to do except for gas mileage and expense when ever I buy a truck I buy it to use it for what it’s made for my wife can either use it or not and I’ll tell you right now she’s not driving this truck it’s my baby sorry it is what it is last basically you get what you pay for in use and what you want and willing to live with

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're not going to convince me of anything with an attitude like that. Just sayin'....

giphy.gif

I'm not trying to convince you to do anything but do some basic research. The Ranger is a global platform, so a US-only view point, particularly one in which a 1985 model is deemed as relevant, is perhaps not that informed. If you found an insult in a statement that an '85 is completely irrelevant (which it is) and that your basic facts are wrong (which they are), that's on you.