Ranger vs F150

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
When you have crap level suspension (Tacoma), you have to mask all the jarring with some dumb air seats that you have to use a pump to inflate. It appears the TRX will turn into an RHO, using their 6 cylinder engine that makes 500+hp. Hopefully Ford will get the factory numbers up to 500 hp in the next couple years on the 3.5's.

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the concept. I expect to go to a smaller truck in retirement and the Ranger's a good all around size. Easier to fit on more midwestern/east coast trails, easier to park in more urban environments, and it looks like the fun factor is there on the power/weight ratio.

RAW

Reaction score
It's not faster. Tested on Youtube by I think TFL, it was running a mid 6s 0-60. It's slow for the raptor name just like the braptor.

RAW

Reaction score
Also, the approach angles are the same for the f150 and ranger. its depature is a little over 1 degree better. The only thing going for it is its size if you dont want a full size truck. Other than that its worse in every way compared to an f150. Its about even with a braptor, just with a bed.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A good friend owned an '85 Ranger back when I owned an '85 Toyota. It was such absolute garbage in comparison that I'll wait for the ten-year reliability numbers. He replaced the entire drive train save the engine in the first 50k miles. He sold it at 50k when the warranty expired. My rule of thumb ever since is to buy full-sized trucks from Americans and mini trucks from the Japanese. It's worked beautifully for forty years. It's going to take a lot to change my mind. Much as I like the size of the Ranger, I will never volunteer to be the probe unit. Too worried about getting probed, if you get my drift. :oops:

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A good friend owned an '85 Ranger back when I owned an '85 Toyota. It was such absolute garbage in comparison that I'll wait for the ten-year reliability numbers. He replaced the entire drive train save the engine in the first 50k miles. He sold it at 50k when the warranty expired. My rule of thumb ever since is to buy full-sized trucks from Americans and mini trucks from the Japanese. It's worked beautifully for forty years. It's going to take a lot to change my mind. Much as I like the size of the Ranger, I will never volunteer to be the probe unit. Too worried about getting probed, if you get my drift. :oops:

That's like saying I'm going to buy a Chevy Blazer to off road because the '70s model was pretty bad ass. Who gives a **** what a model was like 40 years ago in a discussion on a current production model?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter