Random weight measurements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Had the scale handy and got curious about the weight of a couple of items.

Stock front bumper/Rigid 20" and dually combo - Bumper, lights, mounts, tow hooks - 87lbs.
EDIT* - that also includes the front stock skid plate, which IIRC, was around 15lbs.

Method w/ stock BFG - 85lbs.

I remember seeing a long time ago where one of the automotive blogs weighed a stock wheel tire combo at 97lbs. I knew the Method's were lighter but that's pretty impressive......and important considering rotating mass.

Last edited:

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had the scale handy and got curious about the weight of a couple of items.

Stock front bumper/Rigid 20" and dually combo - Bumper, lights, mounts, tow hooks - 87lbs.

Method w/ stock BFG - 85lbs.

I remember seeing a long time ago where one of the automotive blogs weighed a stock wheel tire combo at 97lbs. I knew the Method's were lighter but that's pretty impressive......and important considering rotating mass.

Ya I read that too.. What a bunch of crap... unless you have a lot of miles and its from tread loss? who knows..

OP
OP
SOCOMech

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
I figured tread loss would be somewhat of a factor but I wouldn't think it to be all that much....I mean maybe a pound at most?

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
kglesq's loaded stock silver crew cab Raptor (no gate step) and 7/8 tank of fuel: 6340lb. (Dry est: 6151 lb)

Removing 50lb of rotating mass would ought to make a noticeable difference in performance...any chance you can weigh a stocker?

OP
OP
SOCOMech

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Stock exhaust manifolds with studs and shields - 15lbs. each
Stock y-pipe set-up (including pipe to mount to stock muffler) - 36lbs.

These are the things you replace with the long tube and high flow cat y-pipe set up. So you're taking off 66lbs. but.......I didn't weigh the new headers and y-pipe....oops.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Reducing unsprung weight (ie wheels & tires) is a very good all around performance mod. It will help the suspension, shorten your stopping distance, improve acceleration, improve MPG's, increase brake life, etc.

In racing the standard rule of thumb is for every 1 pound of unsprung weight reduced it is equal to reducing the sprung weight by 4 pounds. So if you can drop 10 pounds off of each wheel for a total of 40 pounds that would equal removing 160 pounds of weight from the rest of the truck. It adds up fast.

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
This thread got me thinking so I did a little research. It turns out that the stock wheels easily weigh 31 pounds. The package weight on the Ford racing site is 34.65 pounds.

Ford Racing Performance Parts

The tires are heavy SOB's... 66 pounds, according to Tire Rack.

Ford Racing Performance Parts

That would definitely add up to 97 pounds, if not a little more. That being said, I would be shocked if the Methods weigh 19 pounds. That is extremely light. Can anyone confirm this?

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc