GEN 2 BFG KO2s on Venomrex 602s...change my mind!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you actually read my post? Weight is only one factor for me...and a secondary one at that. I’m not doing mud runs or deep sand work, especially not on 20” wheels. Just need a tire that’ll perform well in mild off road conditions, and that will spend 80% of its life on paved roads.

So yeah, weight is a factor. And as I mentioned above, weight (especially unsprung rotating weight) impacts every aspect of performance.

Stock wheels are getting true winter tires for snow and ice. They’ll be kept at our other house closer to where we go skiing every year. If I ever do decide to take the Raptor out for “hard core” off road work, I’ll put appropriate tires on for that...

I did, did you read mine? The options I provided fit the bill for everything you just stated.....you have stock wheels/tires for snow ice and off-road....

Maybe I don’t know how to read....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
91Eunos

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did, did you read mine? The options I provided fit the bill for everything you just stated.....you have stock wheels/tires for snow ice and off-road....

Maybe I don’t know how to read....

We’re cool... I just re-read both and can see how either could be considered a bit snarky. This is the problem with posts among strangers vs. face-to-face conversations...the subtle nuances of humor or good natured ball busting gets lost in translation.

Again, appreciate the well considered input.

Would you buy the Nittos again or has something else caught your eye for the next round?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We mounted Nitto Ridge Grapplers to our 20" 601 wheels. I chose these tires for our shop truck as I've always had good life out of Nitto in the past and I love the aggressive look of the tires, the good on-road and off-road performance, while still being quiet on-road. We went with he 325/60/20 tires specifically because they were E-rated instead of F-rated like the 35x12.50x20 variant. Additionally, the 325/60/20 was a much lower weight than the the 35x12.50x20 so we ended up at 0.5lbs less than the OEM wheel/tire combo. Now, while the weight is the same, you're still slightly worse off from a rational standpoint due to the physics of the wheel being larger so the weight is pushed further out in the diameter of the total rotating assembly, but this seemed like a worthy trade-off.

That said, the K02 is quiet and light and if you like them, stick with them. Just giving you info on what we did and why.

Let us know if we can put a wheel/tire package together for you. We've helped a ton of members on FRF with their VenomRex wheels and have them in stock, ready to ship, and on sale for $1575 shipped to your door with lugs until the end of the month.

For those interested in the 20" 602, it's coming early next year and was debuted at SEMA.

Please reach out if we can help!

OP
OP
91Eunos

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Nick... I just purchased some black gorilla lugs for my stock wheels, not worried about using them for aftermarket rims but it’d be nice.

I assume the VenomRex wheel requires tuner lugs with a tapered base or something similar?

P.S. Nice new website design!

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love Nittos. They handle significantly better in the rain than the KO2s (lots of rain near me). But I wish I had gone the 325 route.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Nick... I just purchased some black gorilla lugs for my stock wheels, not worried about using them for aftermarket rims but it’d be nice.

I assume the VenomRex wheel requires tuner lugs with a tapered base or something similar?

Thank you, we just launched today!!

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We’re cool... I just re-read both and can see how either could be considered a bit snarky. This is the problem with posts among strangers vs. face-to-face conversations...the subtle nuances of humor or good natured ball busting gets lost in translation.

Again, appreciate the well considered input.

Would you buy the Nittos again or has something else caught your eye for the next round?

Glad you got some of the ribbing on the re-read[emoji41][emoji106][emoji2532][emoji3] and don’t kid yourself you are absolutely a weight weenie. I will admit it but not so much with the off-road gear as I’m adding more weight everyday with recovery gear and towing gear. Now the C7GS,Ducati and triumph as well as my Ridley helium are full on weight weenie diet and I need to be as well!

I would absolutely buy the RG again. However I may go Toyo MT or even the new BFG KM3 as I will be hopefully hitting the trails more and more:)

When I bought tires I narrowed it down to the Nitto RG and Toyo RT and they are basically sisters so pick your tread pattern and side wall design you like best. I have not had a good experience with the KO2’s.

If you go with any of these tires you can sell your stock wheels unless you need the 17” for Baja and jumps. Otherwise the sidewall on a 20” wheel is plenty in my experience.

Last edited:

Venom_Rex

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Yes they do require aftermarket lugs which we can also provide as well.