Light Weight Tires/Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had 37x12.5x17 Grabber ATX's on my Gen1 for about 9 months now. They performed well off-road (dirt/sand) and they have great road manners. I was also considering the the KM3, but glad I didn't since the extra power needed to turn 37s is noticeable.

BTW - I'm running RRW wheels that weigh about 27lbs.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I wanna go to 37" tires, but as others have mentioned, I think it's a good idea to keep the overall weight down to at least about what the stock 35" tire/Beadlock wheel combo runs - in the vicinity of 100 lbs. Coming from a MX background, unsprung weight is an issue with suspension and handling.

For wheels, it looks like I'm gonna go with th 1552 TurbomacHD's. A great recommendation from ZK. They come in ay about 26 lbs. I know there are some wheels that are even lighter, but from just a personal taste point, I just don't care for the appearance as much. Unfortunately the rim style I like best, the Black Rhino Primm Beadlock, runs 31 lbs.

For tires, ZK strongly recommed against the K02's. The BFG KM3's are a strong recommendation, and come in at about 78 lbs. 78 + 26 would come in at 104 lbs. for the combo. Not too bad.

I did some research on other 37" tires, and found a few others:

General Grabber ATX: 72 lbs.

Cooper AT3 XLT: 68 lbs.

Deegan 38: 73 lbs.

**** Cepek Extreme Country: 69 lbs.

All 4 of these tires are noticeably lighter than the KM3s, and would actually allow me to run my preferred wheels and keep the overall weight the same or even lighter.

So the big question is - does anyone have experience with these other tires? I would like to run one of these lighter tires, but don't want something that's a piece of crap

which KM3 is that the weight on? the 12.50(d rated) or the 13.50(e rated)? That is kind of shocking as General tires are normally heavier than BFGs in the same size.