RADAR Detectors!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In todays world of laser unless you can brake at the speed of light you are done. I have been running V1s since the early ninetys (yes I have updated them) and a few cars with ****** stuff and they have for sure saved me more times then not but it is becoming increasingly hard to use only a radar detector to beat the law.

My best results now are to run 5 over most of the time and when I want to really move I use the radar rabbit trick but you need to follow no closer then 4 or 5 hundred yards even more if possible. Will I stop using a radar detector no will I continue to look for better units yes.

My set up is a V1, blendmount, hard wired in to the mirror and to works great.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
5 over with a radar detector? Our cops won't bother stopping somebody doing 5 over. You're safe anything less than 10 over.

With no detector, I do 7 over. With, I do 10-15 over. 20 gets hard to slow down in time, especially on our curvy hilly roads that break up the radar signal.

Very few laser guns here. The ones that do exist are in the bigger cities and open spaces.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In MI 5 or even 9 over on the express way won't usually get you a ticket. I still like to know where they are if they are running radar even if my chances are low of getting stopped.

Blockdoc be thankful you don't have any laser in your area it is a real bitch. To beat it you really have to be on your toes scanning the road way our and never running first on the road helps.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In todays world of laser unless you can brake at the speed of light you are done. I have been running V1s since the early ninetys (yes I have updated them) and a few cars with ****** stuff and they have for sure saved me more times then not but it is becoming increasingly hard to use only a radar detector to beat the law.

My best results now are to run 5 over most of the time and when I want to really move I use the radar rabbit trick but you need to follow no closer then 4 or 5 hundred yards even more if possible. Will I stop using a radar detector no will I continue to look for better units yes.

My set up is a V1, blendmount, hard wired in to the mirror and to works great.
the 9500ci has shifters that "alter" the laser/lidar signal. so you have more time to react and slow down.