RAD Mounted Ratchet Straps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It looks like the straps that are built in the you tube video are a bit higher quality than the RAD units. I am going to build them myself and post up the results.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed mine yesterday. Though, I found it interesting that their website shows it belt up/ratchet down, while the instructions show the opposite.

I found that I liked the ratchet UP, belt down, so that way I can reach over the bedrail and ratchet down (if I have something resting on the tailgate.)

Dnovakovic4

Reaction score
Installed these as soon as I got the raptor and love them. Bought 2. They sit diagonal from each other and do the trick every time. Fast and easy. I do have a cover so not sure how they last if they’re open to the “elements”. Definitely recommended though!

TremorRaptor

Reaction score
This is my similar solution... I discovered the black tie down rings have to mount behind the plate to bring the whole assembly out a tad. This allows the ratchet handle to press all the way in so that the recoil engages correctly.

1708988637170.png

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed these as soon as I got the raptor and love them. Bought 2. They sit diagonal from each other and do the trick every time. Fast and easy. I do have a cover so not sure how they last if they’re open to the “elements”. Definitely recommended though!
Same here, but I bought the stainless hardware anyways. The factory bolts were too short for my comfort when using that additional plate.