Racking up my body count

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is what we're dealing with now in northern Nevada.
Cleanup after these events is ghastly.

Attachments

• Mormon Crickets on road.jpg
    Mormon Crickets on road.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Mormon Cricket infestation.jpg
    Mormon Cricket infestation.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Mormon Crickets.jpg
    Mormon Crickets.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Mormon Cricket on arm.jpg
    Mormon Cricket on arm.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 26

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
when i drove past your area last year they were starting to come out, on our way to fallon
"They're baaaaaack!"
They're ugly, they stink, they s h i t all over, they're ugly, their dead bodies are slick on the road and cause accidents, they're ugly, and the cleanup inside the wheel wells is *&@!% disgusting. Did I mention that they're ugly? Too ugly to be from Planet Earth. They're aliens. Gotta be. The Republicans are right about aliens. Rural Nevada is gonna vote for Trump, 'cause Vegas and Reno have too much concrete and asphalt to have these crickets.

All humor aside, this isn't just a curiosity. I have learned from our veterinarian that these crickets carry whip worms. They dissected one, and it had a foot-long worm in it. Dogs eat these crickets. If your dog eats crickets and becomes a host for whip worms, the dog will shed microscopic worm eggs in the house and you, your kids, or your other pets could become infected. Fish eat these crickets. Fishermen beware. The press isn't talking about it, and even the state entomologist isn't talking it up, but this is a Public Health matter.

Last edited:

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
"They're baaaaaack!"
They're ugly, they stink, they s h i t all over, they're ugly, their dead bodies are slick on the road and cause accidents, they're ugly, and the cleanup inside the wheel wells is *&@!% disgusting. Did I mention that they're ugly? Too ugly to be from Planet Earth. They're aliens. Gotta be. The Republicans are right about aliens. Rural Nevada is gonna vote for Trump, 'cause Vegas and Reno have too much concrete and asphalt to have these crickets.

All humor aside, this isn't just a curiosity. I have learned from our veterinarian that these crickets carry whip worms. They dissected one, and it had a foot-long worm in it. Dogs eat these crickets. If your dog eats crickets and becomes a host for whip worms, the dog will shed microscopic worm eggs in the house and you, your kids, or your other pets could become infected. Fish eat these crickets. Fishermen beware. The press isn't talking about it, and even the state entomologist isn't talking it up, but this is a Public Health matter.
Note to self. Do not move to Northern Nevada.