Racing my brother's Acura RSX Type-S

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
verytalonted

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
traction control OFF. My buddy used to think it made cars faster when racing. He was in a G35 and I was in a maxima. He had auto, i had 6 spd, same 3.5 v6 but the tuning from the factory gave him and extra 15 horse. We go to take off, my TC off, his on. Both of us spun on the launch, but I kept accelerating, TC shut him down for a second and I left him. Then I met another of my hometown's finest in a black/white charger...

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

I agree run 1/2 tank or less, but ditch the spare. that's 40+ lbs gone, and just launch in 4wd, no worries about spinning off the line. My old truck would roast the tires off the line if i brake torqued it to get boost built up. Launching in 4wd on 20psi. ZOOM ZOOM!!!

So for traction control: Hold TC button? Off-Road Mode, Yeah or no?

Cummins_Bred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is being debated in another thread haha I would disable it as best you can (off-road mode, hold the button, from what i'm gathering) and it should be fine. Just make sure you're out of 4wd before you turn. I've done it in my trucks and not hurt anything yet, but the IWE on these trucks aren't overly robust from what i've read here. I believe Squatting Dog knows a lot about that. basically, get weight out, 4wd mash the brakes and some throttle before you start, after a shift or 2 pull it out of 4wd, keep your foot hard down. You should have him or maybe just barely be losing. Him only having a 4cyl means he's lacking in the torque department.

OP
OP
verytalonted

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is being debated in another thread haha I would disable it as best you can (off-road mode, hold the button, from what i'm gathering) and it should be fine. Just make sure you're out of 4wd before you turn. I've done it in my trucks and not hurt anything yet, but the IWE on these trucks aren't overly robust from what i've read here. I believe Squatting Dog knows a lot about that. basically, get weight out, 4wd mash the brakes and some throttle before you start, after a shift or 2 pull it out of 4wd, keep your foot hard down. You should have him or maybe just barely be losing. Him only having a 4cyl means he's lacking in the torque department.

Very nice, thank you.

I am sure there will be a video made of this event.
If so, I will post it... win or lose.