Questions on tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
Probably 35x12.50x17 I would imagine is available for the rap.

I run 32's soon 33's

I don't think those would look to good on a raptor LOL.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am curious about tread wear. I like the BFG's a lot for that. My dad's H2 got 59k miles out of his factory BFG's. But my Raptor does not seem to be wearing as nicely, but I assume that to be because of the softer compound.

I also noticed that the BFG's on the Raptor are more slick on wet pavement. I am not sure if that is due to the softer tire (I would assume this would help actually) but I do know that a big part of it is due to the power of the 6.2 and it being rear wheel drive.

So basically I am looking for a tire that has long tread life (hoping 50k or more) and better on wet pavement. I do not need a very aggressive tread as I only off road maybe 2-5% but I do want to have a decent tread for when I do off road. I am considering the Hankook Dynapro ATm's in the near future or just sticking with the BFG's.

Can you guys with the Falkens and Duratracs comment on tread life?

Also, any thoughts about the Hankook Dynapro ATm?
I read a review about the Dynapro MT here a while ago: http://www.off-roadweb.com/tech/0903or_hankook_tires_and_gt_wheels/

Last edited:

Banned
Reaction score
Well, my 32's I've had for approx 30,000 miles so far, and it was just in for an oil change m Wednesday and they check tread depth. It's sitting at 12/32. I am pretty sure brand new mine had 17/32.

So, going by that, if I keep driving the same way I'll easily get 60+ thousand outta them, if I run them right to bald. Which I won't. As I'm upgrading to 33's before that happens.

And I'm not nice to them. At all lol.
Amazing tread life. No signs of chunking, or tread marks at all. Never any issues with them. They're great in rain due to the way it is designed, just looking at the pattern you can tell how nicely it will let water escape the voids. From a Stan still though, it will easily break loose on wet roads. But what tire won't on a pickup lol. There's no weight over em.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I found this raptor running the Dynapro ATm on google. Is this anybody's?
P1020905.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Well, my 32's I've had for approx 30,000 miles so far, and it was just in for an oil change m Wednesday and they check tread depth. It's sitting at 12/32. I am pretty sure brand new mine had 17/32.

So, going by that, if I keep driving the same way I'll easily get 60+ thousand outta them, if I run them right to bald. Which I won't. As I'm upgrading to 33's before that happens.

And I'm not nice to them. At all lol.
Amazing tread life. No signs of chunking, or tread marks at all. Never any issues with them. They're great in rain due to the way it is designed, just looking at the pattern you can tell how nicely it will let water escape the voids. From a Stan still though, it will easily break loose on wet roads. But what tire won't on a pickup lol. There's no weight over em.

They sound amazing. How is the road noise on them?

I am curious to here BlueSVT's take on his in comparing overall wear, noise, durability, and traction on these Falkens to BFG's

Banned
Reaction score
There is no road noise. Unless you get a rock stuck in the tread. Then you hear click click click till it comes out haha.

Smooth as shit to. I was so impressed by them when I first three em on I was driving all over town amazed at how quiet they were. Definitely a stealthy tire. I could get my truck up to speed, let off the gas and you couldn't hear a damn thing. That was before my obnoxious exhaust though.

Banned
Reaction score
I have no idea where they were made. I never bothered looking. As they work damn well. So I could care less where they were made. But if you really want, when I get home tonight I will look and see if it says where it was made

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought I remembered you posting something about a tire made in Vietnam, could have been something else or someone else? :shrug:

Banned
Reaction score
Haha no idea. I don't remember that.

After a google search it appears falken tires are made in Thailand though.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Found your old post, not sure how to link but heres a copy and past. Not sure what tire you were referring to tho must have been a diferent tire.

My tires were made in Taiwan.