Questions for you cold weather owners.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexanRaptor

Reaction score
So it looks like Im gonna be in the northeast working throughout the winter. What are some things I should know for taking care of the raptor in the snow, etc. Thanks in advance.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
I see you’re from TX. What kind of winter driving have you done? Not trying to be an ass, but the first snow storm each year around here results in a lot of accidents from folks with license plates from warmer climate.

OP
OP
TexanRaptor

TexanRaptor

Reaction score
Ive worked in the northeast before. Never ran off the road or been in an accident or anything. I won't be far from the jobsite and it will be near a naval base so I imagine the roads will be in good shape. I drive nice and smooth anyway so it translates pretty well to winter driving.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes oil or treat the truck body.

Corrosion control sprays.

insert vague response that you should intuit a valid at length explanation from.

sometimes this place is great, and sometimes I wonder if respondents just like to see their name on the post instead of giving an at length response that will truly help the OP.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
insert vague response that you should intuit a valid at length explanation from.

sometimes this place is great, and sometimes I wonder if respondents just like to see their name on the post instead of giving an at length response that will truly help the OP.

Pot, kettle, black. LOL I liked your post because it made me laugh, you're welcome. And I'm not providing the link to the huge thread about undercarriage protection, either. It's not hard to find.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pot, kettle, black. LOL I liked your post because it made me laugh, you're welcome. And I'm not providing the link to the huge thread about undercarriage protection, either. It's not hard to find.

Thanks, I agree with you...sometimes.

There is so much information here sometimes it is hard to find it. Those who have been here should supply links to the threads if they have the knowledge.

Also, are we short on data these days? Can this forum have the search function upgraded somehow? I am sure everyone here has a story of how they searched endlessly for an answer that had a thread but never provided a solution.

I am no techie, but it seems that in this day and age both things are possible, along with the fact that - supposedly- we are all here to help each other and not be the big ****.