Question regarding wiper blades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use the factory blades only and always use rainx on the windshield, I always wipe my wiperblades clean with a soft cloth as this removes dirt which cracks or nicks the blade edge. Seems to last at least 3 years per set.

This.

My '12 still has the original blades on it. Yeah I know, they need to be changed. Actually have a new set under the back seat....for the past 2 years.

1. Keep the windshield clean.
2. RainX
3. Keep the windshield clean.
4. Wipe the blades and clean them when you clean the windshield.

Running a blade over a dirty or dried bug is like running it over sandpaper.

OP
OP
richnot

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on which model Bosch blades you may need both 22A and 22B like I did for you 2018 Raptor

I would just double check on their site

Last edited:

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do i need the Bosch 22A or 22B size? thanks
My 2017 uses A on the driver and B on the passenger according to Amazon. They fit. Not sure what the difference is tbh.

OP
OP
richnot

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2017 uses A on the driver and B on the passenger according to Amazon. They fit. Not sure what the difference is tbh.
i had made a mistake on my post and corrected it, my 18 Raptor uses a 22A and a 22B. Since my neighbor has a 2020 GMC and wants Bosch Icon`s too I had call Bosch and asked about the difference between the A and B, and it is in the top of the blade assembly and the wind deflector that is built in to the top of the assembly, if you were to put an A on the passenger side it would funny and upside down compared to the drivers side. He had also mentioned that they are made to match the contour of the windshield too.

He was super friendly and helpful, his tip was to just clean the windshield with Windex and use Rain- X and you most likely won't even need to use your wipers at times. Also that the Icons just won several shootouts for what it is worth

I also asked him about my neighbors 2020 GMC and that their site listed the truck using 22A on both sides, not like a Raptor with 22A and 22B. I asked what if he were to use a 22A and a 22B instead of 2x 22A`s and he said it would not clean the windshield as well and that the windshield profile was a lot different than a Raptor and that's why they recommend the blades that they do. Like I said, nice enough to explain it and not just say "because the application say`s so"

https://www.boschautoparts.com/en/auto

Bosch 1-888-715 3616

Last edited:

gto19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great info

do you know the difference between the Bosch envision and the Bosch icon wipers

OP
OP
richnot

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really do not, I just quickly checked and it seems like the Envision are geared more for night driving? They have a wear indicator built into them also.

It may be worth giving them a call and based upon your location and driving style they might have a suggestion for you. To me I think it's one of those personal choices especially when one manufacture has 6-10 different ones available for your application