Question regarding wiper blades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OBX

Reaction score
If you wipe the edge down with rubbing alcohol several times (I bought a box of the individually wrapped towels used for cleaning before injection, typically by diabetics from drug store) you'll be surprised how much better they work.

PNW2stroke

Reaction score
I put some trico force blades on mine after driving through my first rain storm with the factory blades. The stock blades are garbage for a $70k+ vehicle.

used them yesterday driving home from Montana and they were great. Only issue is they chatter a bit in lighter rain but it doesn’t make noise only looks annoying. I think it’s more a factor of the auto wipers working too fast in the lighter rain.

VelociRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Twice a year, before winter and early summer. Cheap ones from Walmart, i think around 7$ each blade, gives me no streaks and no noise.
I used to buy the fancy stuff, don’t waste your money, never lasted more than a year.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I returned my Bosch icons, too noisy. Went back to Ford and don’t regret it.
Got 1 1/2 years out of first set.
(Park in a garage, 24k miles).

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like many here, I’m a fan of Bosch Icons which I’ve used for years (and now buying the new Bosch Evolutions). Both my daughters CRV’s had em and they never changed em. When my daughter came back to visit, realized they’d been on there for 6 years. She said they were fine but I replaced em anyway. I change em when they start to streak which is usually over 2 years.

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the scrubblade wipers, heavy duty not the premium, on my truck. I've been pretty happy with them and they last about a year on my truck, live in northern ky so we get all kinds of weather every year and offroading helps wear they down quicker lol

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried a 24" blade on the driver side?
I used to put a bigger wiper on a vehicle when it appeared to fit but don’t bother. The extra inch is where you aren’t looking and costs you flexibility and pressure.

TXDaveSki

Reaction score
I use the cheapest blades I can find and keep a brand new set under the back seat. Here in Texas it doesn’t rain that often but my truck is always outside and the UV dries out the rubber faster than I could ever wear them out. Usually change them as it starts to rain. I also use Rain-X windshield washer fluid so don’t need the wipers if I can drive over 40mph, the rain just sheets right off.