Question on Adam's Ceramic coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

harleydave

Reaction score
I recently purchased the Adam's ceramic coat for paint and the ceramic coat for plastic and trim. I would like to clean and prep the truck once and apply both. My thinking is to apply the ceramic to the trim and plastic first, then the paint. Does this sound like a viable plan or is there a better way to do it. Any input would be appreciated, this will be my first time using ceramics.
Thanks David

sfckelley

Reaction score
I just did mine with Carpro Cquartz UK 3.0 and DLUX. I did mine the opposite (coated the truck, then trim), just because it is more time consuming for the truck paint and the level of attention to detail needed. If this is your first time coating, make sure you have adequate lighting! I have had to polish off a coating due to high spots. I went out to Home depot and bought some scene / work lights on a tripod to make sure I do not miss any spots or excess during the leveling / wipe off stage. Good luck!

sfckelley

Reaction score
Dark spot on the paint after curing sets in. With good lighting, you can see the coating flash and level and wipe off. From my experience, high spots usually are the result of product getting pushed from the area you are working in to other panels, then you might over look it. Once it cures, the excess product looks like a dark spot or streak on the paint. Only option then is to polish it off and re-coat. Just take your time and inspect the panel and those adjacent to your final wipe really well with good lighting and you’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is any chance you will get a high spot with the Adam's "Ceramic" coating. Totally different ball game than a true coating like CQuartz or similar.

I used the Adam's this weekend, it's nice but expensive for what it is. I got a free bottle and plan on going back to a ceramic application like CQuartz when it wears off.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I recently purchased the Adam's ceramic coat for paint and the ceramic coat for plastic and trim. I would like to clean and prep the truck once and apply both. My thinking is to apply the ceramic to the trim and plastic first, then the paint. Does this sound like a viable plan or is there a better way to do it. Any input would be appreciated, this will be my first time using ceramics.
Thanks David

I would recommend applying the Ceramic Trim Coating (CTC) first, then the Ceramic Paint Coating (CPC). The reason for this is beacuse if you get some CTC on the paint, it is easily wiped off when uncured. If you were to apply the CPC first, and accidently get some on the trim, it will darken the trim and is not easliy removed. By applying the CTC first, you will get a nice, even appearance on the trim, and after it has cured, when applying the CPC any that gets on the trim will easlily wipe off, since the trim is already coated.

Check out this post for a procedure and some tips:

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/posts/1225425/

I don't think there is any chance you will get a high spot with the Adam's "Ceramic" coating. Totally different ball game than a true coating like CQuartz or similar.

I used the Adam's this weekend, it's nice but expensive for what it is. I got a free bottle and plan on going back to a ceramic application like CQuartz when it wears off.

Perhaps you are referring to our Ceramic Spray Coating when stating that you will not get high spots, and comparing to another brand coating which you state as being a "true coating".

Adam's Ceramic Paint Coating is absolutley a true 9h ceramic coating, and high spots can definately occur without careful application. The first time I applied the CPC to my Raptor, I did get a few high spots that needed attention.

Last edited:

PeterP

Reaction score
I have used the Adams spray ceramic on my corvette, and the cquartz 3.0 on my raptor. The process it’s pretty similar for the two since the 3.0 is designed to flash quicker than the spray.
Whichever you use, it’s all about the prep work to get the result your hoping for. Getting 2 coats on my truck took about 8 hours total. With only 4K miles on it, I couldn’t believe how much better it looked after thorough claying And Adams clear coat correcting polish

Comparing the 2 cars, the cquartz 3.0 gave me better results and should last a year minimum verses the 6 months of the spray