Question #5: Best deals? Time for Crazy to ---- or get off the pot!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So he traded his Raptor for a Ram pickup and now he has a C8? I am just glad he finally moved on...

Not sure his C8 has come in yet due to Covid and the strike, but supposedly he ordered one. Completely base. Zero options and posts its build pic on every single thread. He is hated there as well.

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That. Prices are just going up from here. I snagged mine last month during the height of the Chinese Virus lockdown. I was the only customer in the dealer that afternoon. Got it for about 13K less than I could have two months earlier. What made the deal was them giving me TOP dollar for my trade also. In my area at least, they are almost back up to MSRP + 10-15K depending on the model.

Wow! Nice job! $13K off has to be the Best deal anywhere. I purchased mine couple of months ago at invoice minus holdback or approximately $8k off.

At invoice minus holdback the dealer would lose money. How did you get them to sell it to you at such a loss? No way my dealer would lose $3-$5 grand even on a 19 MY.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not true. I bought my 2020 for invoice and posted the salesman's info on this forum. Several members confirmed invoice pricing with them.
OP just likes to post all day long and never buy anything.

Where did you post them? I will call to find out. Thanks

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you post them? I will call to find out. Thanks
It's in several different threads since the topic of buying for invoice or expecting the dealer to take a loss to sell one are both beat to death on this forum.
McClane Ford
Fredericksburg Tx. Ask for Matt Self
They sell anything in inventory, other than limited Mustangs, for invoice. They do not keep alot of inventory, but will located and dealer trade to get what you are looking for. Zero haggling. He will pull out the invoice immediately. I have bought last 3 Raptors from him and several Superduties in last 5 years or so.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's in several different threads since the topic of buying for invoice or expecting the dealer to take a loss to sell one are both beat to death on this forum.
McClane Ford
Fredericksburg Tx. Ask for Matt Self
They sell anything in inventory, other than limited Mustangs, for invoice. They do not keep alot of inventory, but will located and dealer trade to get what you are looking for. Zero haggling. He will pull out the invoice immediately. I have bought last 3 Raptors from him and several Superduties in last 5 years or so.

Thank you. I will reach out and call Matt.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Except by and large it is true, and my opinion is seasoned by experience in the industry whereas most posts here including yours are not.

Reread my post and then look at the timeline on that thread you sent me. What month was it? April. You know what was happening in showrooms in April? Absolutely nothing. You may have been lucky to get somebody to deal then because there was literally nobody lining up to buy. But if you look, the guys who did get invoice were the exception, not the rule.

Now? The same dealerships are packed. Everyone I know that’s still selling are jam packed everyday. One guy can’t even get a vacation approved because they can’t afford to be a man down.

Now tell me why again a dealer that’s busy wants to make next to nothing on a speciality vehicle that ordinarily commands a hefty price when people are lining up at the door to give them fat margins on regular cars and trucks?

I made my deal in January with a factory order, before the Chinese virus hit. The dealers were fairly busy at the time. It was far from easy, and if you read my thread you know I didn't come by that deal easily. I did get invoice pricing as have several other people in here. You may have to travel out of your home area, as I was ready to do before I got a deal locally. I really don't get how you, "working in the industry" makes any of my points, or anybody else's, invalid. There are ALWAYS deals to be had, if you spend the time to find them. I can also tell you that dealers in this region are VERY FAR from being jam packed. They were busy for 2 weeks when the restrictions were partially lifted and then it died off. I find it hard to believe many dealers in the US are "jam packed" daily with so many people being out of a job and in financial distress. If you are in the industry I would think you would be aware of that.

What's your industry experience, working at a dealership? I will tell you why again, like you asked in your last sentence, why a busy dealer may still sell a Raptor at invoice. It's because if it's a factory order it takes little time, zero hassles, and between their hold-back and the ******** fees they normally tack on, they will still make a couple grand for minimal work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was more referring to you as a trust fund kid with nothing more to do than spam our forums :)

I am truly sorry about your father.
No worries. Not a Trust Fund Kid either. $$ coming from an apartment refinance loan. Trust fund would be nice though. Wish I was still a kid too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! Nice job! $13K off has to be the Best deal anywhere. I purchased mine couple of months ago at invoice minus holdback or approximately $8k off.

At invoice minus holdback the dealer would lose money. How did you get them to sell it to you at such a loss? No way my dealer would lose $3-$5 grand even on a 19 MY.

I think he is alluding to -$13k from where it was previously priced over MSRP, not $13k off MSRP