Question #16: Best way to protect your Raptor outdoors in Winter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my Raptor will not fit into our too narrow garage. The Escalade, 944T and upcoming Shelby Mustang will get preference. So with plowing and all in the fall/winter/spring, it will take up residence on half of the driveway. No worries, can keep it plugged in, but......there is a big ass Pine Tree (no, the misses won't let me cut it down) that loves to dump sap on anything below it. So short of covering with a tarp (that might be a pain to take off and put back on), has anyone erected some sort of an awning type set up that could retract when not in use? I am restricted from putting in a permanent structure as it would be within 20' of the road and that is a "no fly" zone. I don't really care if it is totally enclosed as I am more concerned about sap.

And yes, I checked and could find no such threads.

Ideas? Thoughts?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So my Raptor will not fit into our too narrow garage. The Escalade, 944T and upcoming Shelby Mustang will get preference. So with plowing and all in the fall/winter/spring, it will take up residence on half of the driveway. No worries, can keep it plugged in, but......there is a big ass Pine Tree (no, the misses won't let me cut it down) that loves to dump sap on anything below it. So short of covering with a tarp (that might be a pain to take off and put back on), has anyone erected some sort of an awning type set up that could retract when not in use? I am restricted from putting in a permanent structure as it would be within 20' of the road and that is a "no fly" zone. I don't really care if it is totally enclosed as I am more concerned about sap.

And yes, I checked and could find no such threads.

Ideas? Thoughts?
First off *****, if you're Pine tree is still dropping sap, its not ******* winter, same as the pine needles. Wax is the best protection, my last house had a huge pine tree and i parked under it, somehow 10 years later, its still here!! Does the tree sap have acid in it where you live?

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, Im officially declaring this thread back on topic. Carry on.

DarthKickA55

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am with @CoronaRaptor in that a good wax job and the occasional rinse off or foam cannon would be fine. Maybe a ceramic coating also.

If you are really OCD get a full SunTek or XPel wrap/coating and you can run some hot water over it and will be just like new.