put on my volant, not impressed...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outdoorsmen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i must say i'm not happy with the unit. I know i'm not the smartest guy but this thing made me wonder what the hell they were thinking. i had two friends helping me figure this out since the directions were useless. i figured out what my problem was on my first install attempt, i was missing parts that were supposed to be in the box. i had no air hoses, i had to to to two auto parts stores to find them.

the bracket for the coolant box doesn't really line up all that well in the truck. the bolt holding it in the fender had to be used with the rubber spacer from the factory box. if i had directions i would have know that from the start. the clear lid (thought is was supposed to be metal) doesn't fit on the box square. one of the nipples for the vac hose pulled out of the tube, had to glue it in. a hose clamp was jacked, had to replace.

i don't understand my the front snorkel hole is not closeable. seems kind of unfinished to me.

the coolant lid had no cap so i figured i had to use the original. the little hole in the lid for the tether strap had a rubber grommet on it, the big cap hole did not. so in the process of trying to take off the factory cap i broke the tether strap. thought it was not a big deal and replaceable. well the original cap doesn't fit in the volant hole. it's like dropping a dime in a quarter slot. so i don't know if the volant hole should have had a grommet on it or if i should have gotten a new cap in the kit.

when all said and done i had one screw and four washers left over. i have no idea why.

i wish i had gotten a different unit.

i will be calling them on monday to tell them my experience.

TuckerTravis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i must say i'm not happy with the unit. I know i'm not the smartest guy but this thing made me wonder what the hell they were thinking. i had two friends helping me figure this out since the directions were useless. i figured out what my problem was on my first install attempt, i was missing parts that were supposed to be in the box. i had no air hoses, i had to to to two auto parts stores to find them.

the bracket for the coolant box doesn't really line up all that well in the truck. the bolt holding it in the fender had to be used with the rubber spacer from the factory box. if i had directions i would have know that from the start. the clear lid (thought is was supposed to be metal) doesn't fit on the box square. one of the nipples for the vac hose pulled out of the tube, had to glue it in. a hose clamp was jacked, had to replace.

i don't understand my the front snorkel hole is not closeable. seems kind of unfinished to me.

the coolant lid had no cap so i figured i had to use the original. the little hole in the lid for the tether strap had a rubber grommet on it, the big cap hole did not. so in the process of trying to take off the factory cap i broke the tether strap. thought it was not a big deal and replaceable. well the original cap doesn't fit in the volant hole. it's like dropping a dime in a quarter slot. so i don't know if the volant hole should have had a grommet on it or if i should have gotten a new cap in the kit.

when all said and done i had one screw and four washers left over. i have no idea why.

i wish i had gotten a different unit.

i will be calling them on monday to tell them my experience.

Shoulda got the K&N

OP
OP
O

outdoorsmen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah the k&n was my first idea.

i may sell this volant if anyone is interested.

naimad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My volant coolant tank fill hole was also oversized.call them they will send you a new tank no charge

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would like to buy a cold air intake not a hot air intake and one that I don't have to run a tune with. Any suggestions?