Purchasing a New Raptor Soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kilnme2147

Reaction score
Hey Guys, Aaron here, new to the forum

Been researching and saving cash for about two years now, selling the Sierra this weekend.

Whats the Big advantages on a 2020 versus a 2019 Left Over?

Im Looking at a White, Crew Cab, 802A, Loaded (minus graphics and Carbon package)

I have a 2019 found for around $63k, but i let a 2020 slip through the cracks for $67500.

What all do you guys think?

Thanks for all the advice and info, getting something soon

dmb359

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know all the differences between 19 and 20, but it sounds like a good deal. I just picked up a loaded 2020 a couple weeks ago for around 66k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dreys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are no differences between 2019 and 2020

Ford only redid the packaging, where is in 2019 you had to get 802A package + Tech package for all the goodies, and in 2020 it is all-inclusive 802a package (and priced a bit more too).

As far as trucks themselves, if you get identical options, trucks will be identical as well.

FL4x4

Reaction score
I have a 2019, 802a and love it. So far, the only difference between a 2019 and 2020 is that there are two additional color options for 2020. Mechanically the trucks are identical. If you find a good deal on a 2019 I would jump on it vs spending more for a 2020 just because it's new. I haven't seen any documentation that shows any real difference between the two model years ... every thing I've seen shows the two trucks are the same.

I have seen that there might be a minor difference in SYNC versions, but nobody really knows what the difference is between the two versions.

OP
OP
K

kilnme2147

Reaction score
Thanks guys! And (90YOta) that thing is killer!!

I did find some random youtube video, the 19 had a slightly smaller turbo than the 2020s, but i didnt book mark it, and i cant find any facts behind his statement

Ill keep my eyes out for a deal and hop it, ill post pics then

Mike Thomas

Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation, but with a lower budget. I'm trying to stay around $45k with a max of $52k for a 2017 or newer with 802a luxury, sunroof, appliqué tailgate, carbon pkg and hood graphics (no rear fender badging).

Should I save money on the price for higher miles or pony up more up front with lower miles? Generally speaking $7-10k will cost/save me 20-30k miles. Maintenance costs are my wildcard and I don't have a point of reference with this being my first Raptor.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks guys! And (90YOta) that thing is killer!!

I did find some random youtube video, the 19 had a slightly smaller turbo than the 2020s, but i didnt book mark it, and i cant find any facts behind his statement

Ill keep my eyes out for a deal and hop it, ill post pics then

That was total ******** wherever you saw engine differences. I would shop for a 2020 only because it's one year newer at resale and dealers are going to be VERY motivated to deal. The virus will tank sales in a huge way, bad for dealers, good for you.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not enough difference to mention. I ended up getting a 19 when I saw the order sheet for the 20's had basically no changes except colors and some minor things that don't come to mind. Something to do with the dash/display, I think.

Go with the newest, best deal you can find. Things will be soft in the coming couple of months, so a buyers market. Good luck with whatever you choose. Love my truck.

Stilldoggy

Reaction score
Just got my loaded 2019 with 6800 miles on it here in Savannah. Found out the truck was first sold at the dealership in Feb. For some reason back at the dealership. $57.5 out the door, T,T & T. Traded in my 2011 Lariat SCREW with 174k on it for $9.5. So total $48k.