Purchase 800a while I wait for my 2022 37?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on ordering the elusive base 800a but with the 360 camera system on my 2022 when my allocation comes up. I think all of my planned options were a tad over $3k.

Last edited:

JerseyMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 800a is really well equipped....for me it came down to bluecruise, front sensors, better radio, seats and headlights for about 3+k more (after adding in the 360 camera, torsion and convenience which is forced in 2022)

if I could get a LF like that at MSRP near me I would jump at it though....only options I wouldn't want are the convenience (seems like a rip off) and wheels (love them but the base wheels are good enough and can always go aftermarket)

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sales tax for sure about $4500.

Not exactly. Yes, you are paying the sales tax in full (assuming no trade in) but you'll have very little tax on your '22 purchase. Assuming your '21 holds value.

Buying a new vehicle you intend to hold for less than a year would be a big waste at any other time, but now, you're just guessing that supply will remain low. Might be a good bet, might not. Personally, if I needed a vehicle that I intended to keep a short time, I would look at used or a lease and avoid most of the risk. I doubt it, but maybe the dealer will agree to lease the 21 till your 22 comes out?

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The majority of Raptor buyers are looking for the 801a package. You may find it difficult flipping the 800a truck for top dollar.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The majority of Raptor buyers are looking for the 801a package. You may find it difficult flipping the 800a truck for top dollar.
I would’ve thought that too, but I sold my Gen 2 800a for crazy money to Vroom last year - pretty much offered me 802a money. It’s seemed like for a while all Carvana and Vroom were buying were 800a and mid spec trucks and lowballing fully loaded.

I think the price difference draws a larger purchasing crowd (from typical F-150 customers or the Toyota people that want a step up but not spend $80k).

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would’ve thought that too, but I sold my Gen 2 800a for crazy money to Vroom last year - pretty much offered me 802a money. It’s seemed like for a while all Carvana and Vroom were buying were 800a and mid spec trucks and lowballing fully loaded.

I think the price difference draws a larger purchasing crowd (from typical F-150 customers or the Toyota people that want a step up but not spend $80k).
Funny you mention this.. We just got our Bronco last week and my wife hates getting the kid in and out of it, plus the road noise from the roof and MT tires.

I reserved it 15 months ago and have a hard time letting it go so I checked what vroom would offer on my 21 800a.... 79k!

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny you mention this.. We just got our Bronco last week and my wife hates getting the kid in and out of it, plus the road noise from the roof and MT tires.

I reserved it 15 months ago and have a hard time letting it go so I checked what vroom would offer on my 21 800a.... 79k!
Nice!! That would be like $12k net profit for me, crazy. Not that I would promote flipping, but dealers usually match them on trade (if they have inventory) and you get the tax benefit depending on the state.

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice!! That would be like $12k net profit for me, crazy. Not that I would promote flipping, but dealers usually match them on trade (if they have inventory) and you get the tax benefit depending on the state.
I tried with the BMW when we traded it in... Basically offered us the exact amount less than vroom did but with tax savings it was the same.

I text my salesman and he said he would sell it in a heartbeat.

Vroom does have a Yukon but it's a high end AT4 with almost every option

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter