Pulling fuel for a wet nitrous kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any pressure testing is done through the data port...

^^ This. Fuel pressure is checked buy PID in the datalog.

Only place I can think of is in between the supply line and rail, but you'd have to make something on your own. Fuel pressure at idle is 42-45psi I think, but I'd have to double check to be 100%.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^ This. Fuel pressure is checked buy PID in the datalog.

Only place I can think of is in between the supply line and rail, but you'd have to make something on your own. Fuel pressure at idle is 42-45psi I think, but I'd have to double check to be 100%.

Thanks...!!! The PID's eluded me... lol

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks...!!! The PID's eluded me... lol

haha Fords weird with the PID thing. I mean, it makes sense, but everyone else just calls it "live Data stream" or "Data" somethin. Whys Fords gotta be all different.

OP
OP
G

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem is, even if I did tap in line (which would be easy by using some earl fittings), I'd be taking away fuel that is being demanded by the pid, possibly causing a lean condition. The only thing I can think of is to tap in line anyway, and put an autometer fuel pressure gauge and see where I'm at psi wise. That will dictate if I can run the wet shot or not. That's the thing, I've always ran a fp gauge and an oil pressure gauge since ford uses dummy gauges that serve no real purpose until its too late. Its a stupid design to not have a port on the rails to check fuel rail pressure for diagnostics.

RocketOgre

Reaction score
Your fuel pump should have enough headroom that the ECU will just call for more if you get some pressure drop, and even if it doesn't you should be able to tune for that with a bigger fuel nozzle in your fogger.