Prospective Raptor Buyer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Desertrat83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all, my Fiance and I are prospective Raptor owners. First a little about myself, I have been in the Navy for 11yrs so far and I am currently stationed in Virginia beach VA. I am from southern California and grew up off-roading and floating down the Colorado river. I am currently in a Lemon law case with Chrylser over my 2012 Jeep Wrangler. I have a few questions and yes I have been trolling around here using the search feature. I am interested in the 2013 Scab Blue Flame, with the beadlock wheels.

---First question is for anybody in the Hampton Roads area that would like to show his/her Raptor off? See my fiance has never seen one before up close and would like to see what we are getting for $4X,*** compared to the standard F150. I have looked at every dealer here local and no joy within 150 miles.

---Second regaurds to the packages available. I have been told by my local dealer that the 36 Gal fuel tank is only available in the Screw cab models. Is this True/False?

---Third is it possible to get the blue seats and HID headlights without the 801A package?

---Fourth is what should I be paying for these two setups?
1. Scab Blue flame base with beadlock wheels. I have been Quoted $47,000 otd here at Beach Ford.
2. Scab Blue flame with the 801a, beadlock wheels, Hid Lights. I have been Quoted $52,000 otd same place.

--- Last is I see Raptor911 seems to have a really good contact some where in New York. When was the last time his contact was used and was it worth going to New york to get your truck? After my Lemon law case I should have a pretty nice down payment and I don't mind having to wait for a truck to be ordered since I am not in a rush.

Thanks ahead of time and I am looking forward to seeing some of your Raptors up close to help with my decision. Any info you have and would not like to post here please PM me

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
---Third is it possible to get the blue seats and HID headlights without the 801A package? NOT Possible

--- Last is I see Raptor911 seems to have a really good contact some where in New York. When was the last time his contact was used and was it worth going to New york to get your truck? After my Lemon law case I should have a pretty nice down payment and I don't mind having to wait for a truck to be ordered since I am not in a rush. I have referred over 60 guys to Van Bortel and they have ordered 15 trucks on me. I referred forum member SQAudiophile and he is picking up his truck next week. Depending on your options, buying at invoice can save you anywhere from $3500-$5000. I may case, I saved $4200. And yes my contact is very active. They only have 2 guys in line right now and are delivering 10 trucks this month.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Afternoon...Sheehy Ford in Richmond/Ashland might be able to order you one new...

If you do venture toward Richmond I can show you mine SCREW with 36 gallon Tank...(only in a SCREW)

Fred

OP
OP
D

Desertrat83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everybody. Fred if for some reason I am in that area I will let you know. Raptor911 I would like to contact you when ever it's convenient for you to discuss in more detail about my inquiry.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
PM Sent!

Thanks for the replies everybody. Fred if for some reason I am in that area I will let you know. Raptor911 I would like to contact you when ever it's convenient for you to discuss in more detail about my inquiry.

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

1. Scab Blue flame base with beadlock wheels. I have been Quoted $47,000 otd here at Beach Ford: $44,171(does not include sales tax and doc fees)

Invoice breakdown as follows:
- Scab >> $41,322
- BeadLocks >> $994
- Destination and Delivery >> $995
- ADV >> $770 (This could fluctuate)
- Fuel >> $90 (This could fluctuate)

2. Scab Blue flame with the 801a, beadlock wheels, Hid Lights. I have been Quoted $52,000 otd same place. $48,230(does not include sales tax and doc fees)

Invoice breakdown as follows:
- Scab >> $41,322
- 801a >> $4059 (include HIDs)
- BeadLocks >> $994
- Destination and Delivery >> $995
- ADV >> $770 (This could fluctuate)
- Fuel >> $90 (This could fluctuate)

VA Soldier

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2013 SCREW black with 801a, 36gal tank, F/R camera, rear step, moonroof, and dealer installed linex. Ordered from Williamsburg Ford and took delivery 8 weeks to the day. Paid 52000. The claim they will beat any local price and did adjust their pricing based on Sheehy quote in Richmond.