Prospective Newbie!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TacitRequiem

Reaction score
Hey guys/gals!
Ive been wanting a Raptor for a few years now, and think I am finally ready to pull the trigger!

Any tips or links would be appreciated!

I'm still a bit fuzzy on whether getting an aftermarket bumpstop kit for 11-12 is as effective as just buying a 13'-14' or would that money be better spent on a 13'?
Im looking at buying a truck at a non ford dealership, what kind of troubles could I run into with buying a Ford extended warranty?

Last concern is, should I wait till september/october to buy, as more used may hit the market on 17' trade ins. I would guess a lot of garage queen trucks might be traded in.

Truckless in Michigan....

BearClaw

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys/gals!
Ive been wanting a Raptor for a few years now, and think I am finally ready to pull the trigger!

Any tips or links would be appreciated!

I'm still a bit fuzzy on whether getting an aftermarket bumpstop kit for 11-12 is as effective as just buying a 13'-14' or would that money be better spent on a 13'?
Im looking at buying a truck at a non ford dealership, what kind of troubles could I run into with buying a Ford extended warranty?

Last concern is, should I wait till september/october to buy, as more used may hit the market on 17' trade ins. I would guess a lot of garage queen trucks might be traded in.

Truckless in Michigan....

Welcome! I am sure the Michigna crew will chime in with lots of help but I am guessing they are still cleaning the mud off of their trucks from The Phoenix Open.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. There is no way to tell what kind of pricing we will see when the new Raptor comes out.

While I agree there will be more street queens that have been turned in for a new Raptor, just how much of ding in price will we see? Extreme Gen2 fanbois think the pricing will tank but you are an example of someone who wants a Gen1 and there will be plenty more like you wanting to buy one.

There is no doubt we won't see price gouging on new Raptors so Gen1 Raptors may look like a good deal even at the high prices.

Best thing to do... stay current with FRF and you will find out more info just like the rest of us :)

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @TacitRequiem!

Good luck on your search and buying decision, its hard to know what will be the better option, but once you get into one, that's all that will matter!

-Dan

moosejaw

Reaction score
Welcome

the only issues ive had with my truck is the incorrect fuel gauge that is annoying and the sterring wheel wear