Project Whipplash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought our trucks were supposed to be dyno'd in 3rd gear. Sounds like they are trying to do it in 4th...which makes you hit the speed limiter.

I think 4th is the best gear to dyno in. But in our 2010's you can't lock it to only 4th.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there no 'Dyno Mode' in the tucks control unit?

Also, a quick guesstimation, in 4th and 5krpm get the tuck to about 110mph

Last edited:

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think 4th is the best gear to dyno in. But in our 2010's you can't lock it to only 4th.

4th is the closest to 1:1 but you will hit the limiter. This is why most people use 3rd...it will allow you to complete a full dyno pull. Its not a 1:1 ratio but at least you will have a baseline number to see how your mods effect the truck.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4th is the closest to 1:1 but you will hit the limiter. This is why most people use 3rd...it will allow you to complete a full dyno pull. Its not a 1:1 ratio but at least you will have a baseline number to see how your mods effect the truck.

That's true. I guess if you've tuned it and removed the limiter 4th would be best, otherwise 3rd.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford Racing just added the speed limiter and is set to 110 mph because of fear of the drive shaft in our trucks. 11 mph over stock anyway
They had problems with the Raptor R breaking drive shatfs at High speed and since we do not have an upgraded drive shaft
this is what it's going to be period. Not to mention the tires are rated at 112 mph as well.
This is what I'm being told, as my PCM is going back to Ford Racing for a little tweaking.
There are other factors as well, our trucks will lift up off the road at high speeds do to air pressure under the truck. I can confirm this!!!
And anybody else who has the 5 Star Tune, knows what I'm talking about.

And messing with the Ford racing tune is NOT POSSIBLE, you can not remove the limiter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (On the Whipple/Ford Racing Tune)
Any tampering will start killing the truck to the point where you can no longer drive it.

Last edited: