Project Faptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ray101381

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you're going rpg stage 4+, before you buy the rpg tuned shocks i'd tell them you're going to run a whipple, it's an extra 100+ lbs to the front and might affect the rpg tune on the shock, also you might want to consider the prerunner instead of raceline if it's a street queen, the raceline's will be noisier and need replacing, the urethane prerunner is more than you'll need. also as far as the whipple do your homework the 6.2 don't like a lot of boost and after install of just the whipple with upgraded heat exchanger you're looking at 11k, plus you're looking at long tubes, so just in parts and install i'd say 14k for long tubes and whipple. you may want to just built the block while you're at it. my build is about done, the only thing left is to decide whether i want to sc or go longtubes, can't imagine doing this kinda of build on my daily, with the downtime, thumbs up to you, i haven't even driven mine in two weeks!

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you're going rpg stage 4+, before you buy the rpg tuned shocks i'd tell them you're going to run a whipple, it's an extra 100+ lbs to the front and might affect the rpg tune on the shock, also you might want to consider the prerunner instead of raceline if it's a street queen, the raceline's will be noisier and need replacing, the urethane prerunner is more than you'll need. also as far as the whipple do your homework the 6.2 don't like a lot of boost and after install of just the whipple with upgraded heat exchanger you're looking at 11k, plus you're looking at long tubes, so just in parts and install i'd say 14k for long tubes and whipple. you may want to just built the block while you're at it. my build is about done, the only thing left is to decide whether i want to sc or go longtubes, can't imagine doing this kinda of build on my daily, with the downtime, thumbs up to you, i haven't even driven mine in two weeks!

I already spoke with RPG about the suspension tuning. They were going to tune them differently since I told them it's a street queen. I'll consider the pre-runner UCA since you mentioned it. Also, I'm doing all of this in pieces. The whipple install is roughly 2 days & about $1200 labor. Longtubes is about a day install & the shop is doing it for $600. Then I'm doing the RPG Stage 3 which is about a day & $500 installed. Then the front & rear shocks which is about a day & $400 installed. It's not that bad & I have a hummer so the downtime won't hurt me. Then the rest of the suspension which is roughly a day install & a few hundred bucks labor.

I'm going full widebody Boatec kit & built engine when I decide to get a new daily. Then I'll build the tranny & everything else needed to support the power. In the end, probably in 3 years, I'll shoot for 700rwhp with a turbo setup or more if it is possible.