Probably should have researched more before buying a 2019 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So big wing, big breaks and big ducts let’s you go 160+? I guess…160 is pretty fast even if you do it quite a bit. I assume you are not stock because most cars in US cars cannot do 160 based on most speed limiters. Then again most speedos pare off by 3-5%
I would never drive the car that fast just because it can do it. 911 turbos and gtrs can break 200 doesn't mean I'm doing it on the street with them either. You get pulled over for anything over 120, I bet your going to jail. It's like big power diesel trucks with tunes. I don't want to be in one of those going 120 plus mph either.

New mustang gts, camaro v8s and even 392 challengers can run into 150s stock so your comment that most cars in the US can't go that fast is true, some can however. You have to bs realistic, sports cars are made to go fast and handle speed. A ford raptor is not, all I was saying.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The raptors speedometer reads up to 140 mph, the STI reads up to 180 mph. Just common sense would make me think that the Ford probably should not be driven to 140 and iirc the fuel cuts on it at 110 or so. The sti has a big ole rear wing on it and front ducting with large brembos to handle the speed. The raptor does not, while it posseses a powerful twin turbo motor, it is detuned a little to keep the truck safe. Otherwise, a lot of people would be crashing and hurting themselves.

One is meant for rally street use the other is meant for dirt mud all terrain. Two different purposes. While I do blow out the turbos time to time in order to remove carbon build up, im not smoking a 429 corvette in a raptor. That is what the sti is for.
Its the tires that limit the speed on the raptor buddy.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
The raptors speedometer reads up to 140 mph, the STI reads up to 180 mph. Just common sense would make me think that the Ford probably should not be driven to 140 and iirc the fuel cuts on it at 110 or so. The sti has a big ole rear wing on it and front ducting with large brembos to handle the speed. The raptor does not, while it posseses a powerful twin turbo motor, it is detuned a little to keep the truck safe. Otherwise, a lot of people would be crashing and hurting themselves.

One is meant for rally street use the other is meant for dirt mud all terrain. Two different purposes. While I do blow out the turbos time to time in order to remove carbon build up, im not smoking a 429 corvette in a raptor. That is what the sti is for.
So what you’re saying here is that you have zero experience at high speed with any of your vehicles.

My Raptor runs 140mph gps-verified. My Explorer ST runs 155mph gps-verified with more in hand.

Edit: My motorcycle(s) run 180+ mph gps-verified.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So what you’re saying here is that you have zero experience at high speed with any of your vehicles.

My Raptor runs 140mph gps-verified. My Explorer ST runs 155mph gps-verified with more in hand.

Edit: My motorcycle(s) run 180+ mph gps-verified.

I have lots of experience with my vehicles and rides. Plus I don't live in my mom's basement either.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have lots of experience with my vehicles and rides. Plus I don't live in my mom's basement either.
Haha I own a 75k vehicle before taxes and i live in my moms basement? Doesnt really sound logical. Its time to stop de-railing the thread and get back to talking about cam phasers please.