Probably should have researched more before buying a 2019 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireguy144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't be so paranoid, these Raptors are built tough, only a few have had problems, you only hear about the ones that did. Ford has extended the warranty on the cam phasers, so you're in good hands.
I dont know about that... I have a 2919 with a build date of Aug 19.. my truck barely gets used . I only have 7500 miles. I just started making a rattle. I need to get it checked out. Scares me to take it to the dealer... heard tons of horror stories..

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dont know about that... I have a 2919 with a build date of Aug 19.. my truck barely gets used . I only have 7500 miles. I just started making a rattle. I need to get it checked out. Scares me to take it to the dealer... heard tons of horror stories..
I hear ya about the dealers, have had my good and bad experiences with them. Hopefully it is just the wastegate rattle, $10 part I think to repair.

Tomhorn

Reaction score
Have 19 scab built 10-18 delivered 12-18 22500 miles been driven cross country twice and primarily off road for last 7 months south east AZ live 10 miles off pavement on 30000 acre cattle ranch miles and miles of hardpack usually run 4A traction control off and sometimes baja mode…….. 90-110mph and this thing sticks to the hardpack like glue have ford extended warranty and 8 yr 100,000 mile 13 visit service and maintenance contract from ford,truck has been flawless. Its great we live in a country if u work hard the luxuries we can enjoy,truck is phenomenal and a blast to drive ,on pavement on I-10 its amazing doing 75 punch it and your blowing by trucks and idiots in passing lane at 100 in no time at all.Handling is like nothing else out there. Truck is amazing you can keep toyota dodge chevy, for the environment i live in, and with 0 problems.its a mech piece of equipment take care of it and it will you

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
I dont know about that... I have a 2919 with a build date of Aug 19.. my truck barely gets used . I only have 7500 miles…

Well, this is the problem ^^^^. You need to run it often and run it like it was built to run. My 2018 (bought new) has right at 65k miles and zero issues. I drove it home from OKC which was about 1400 miles before starting to tune it. In searching the limits, I’ve run the turbos into compressor stall and airflow into the 70lb/hour range. It let me know it wasn’t happy with that, but it didn’t break. That was many miles ago. Full stock other than IC & tune it still runs 12.7/108 1/4 mile and will hit 140 on top if you really want to go that fast. EVERY vehicle line will have a few issues, but I’m damn well super happy with my Ecoboost Raptor. It’s a bad-*** truck.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am in the exact boat, I have a 2019 Tacoma TRD Pro and have been bouncing back and fourth on trading it in on a 2019 or 2020 Raptor. The Cam Phaser issue has been scaring me as well which has made me hold off. I was hoping they would come out with a redesigned motor for 2021 but no luck. The used market is stupid high right now which helps me on my TRD Pro trade but of course hurts on the Raptor purchase.

If I could just walk into a Ford dealer and grab a 2021/22 order I would have probably pulled the trigger by now but I cant so I am still pacing back and fourth trying to decide what I should do.
Do more research. Ford solved the cam phaser problem. Builds after a certain date are good to go.

COLORAP303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same, while mine isn't horribly loud, it's there but quickly goes quiet about 1 minute after cold starting the truck every morning in the garage. Doesn't bug me really, I always let my truck run 3-5min every morning before taking off anyways, so the rattle going quiet after 1-2min let's me know she's awake lol. I also have the cam phaser rattle upon cold start, but I have the 100K premium care warranty so I am not worried on taking it in until I am closer to that mileage. I'm at 81K now. My phaser rattle isn't near as bad sounding or as loud (some starts I've heard they sound like an old diesel at start) and it doesn't affect my performance at all so I don't worry too much about it. I've read before that if it's not affecting performance or drivability then it's totally harmless?
Exactly and mine doesn’t affect anything. My girl thinks it sounds cool. Haha

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, this is the problem ^^^^. You need to run it often and run it like it was built to run. My 2018 (bought new) has right at 65k miles and zero issues. I drove it home from OKC which was about 1400 miles before starting to tune it. In searching the limits, I’ve run the turbos into compressor stall and airflow into the 70lb/hour range. It let me know it wasn’t happy with that, but it didn’t break. That was many miles ago. Full stock other than IC & tune it still runs 12.7/108 1/4 mile and will hit 140 on top if you really want to go that fast. EVERY vehicle line will have a few issues, but I’m damn well super happy with my Ecoboost Raptor. It’s a bad-*** truck.

You are loco ese, anyone that takes these trucks over 110 are probably playing with a death wish.