Prep for Baja?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AndyR

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well here's somthing else I've learned about the Raptor while having the glass replaced.

The 'blocks' ($6 each) which support the bottom of the windshield while it's setting, also are used as the mounting location for the two 'buttons' which hold the edges (one right, one left) of the cowl (the ********* plastic thing where the wipers are mounted). If your installer dislodges one, it'll fall down inside the fender and come to rest above the rocker panels. To retrieve it, fish your hand (from underneath the Raptor) between the inner fender liner and the sheet metal of the wheel arch and retrieve it. If they break the mounting lugs it's $6.03 (inc Santa Cruz County sales tax) for a new one.

The Raptor's driver mirror was mounted at the factory by machine. Usually it can be remounted by hand pressure (but not in my case). They now need to order the Ford compression tool which will squeeze the mirror onto the windshield block.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I read in the warranty info that Ford offers "limited coverage" for "stress cracks" in windshield within the first 12 months...

Just looked it up again... it says that it might be covered even though the crack was "caused by use and/or exposure to the elements." (page 13)

Anyone with a cracked windshield might try talking to your dealer... you never know, they might cover it?

P.S. Ford glass is TOUGH. I've been hit by a couple of things that would have destroyed my Toyota FJ Cruiser windshield, not a mark on the Raptor glass!