Premium Fuel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 9,200 miles on my truck and have exclusively run 91, 92 w/o ethanol, 92 w/ethanol or 93 when it's available. For me, 93 is about a 15 to 20 min drive in a direction I am not normally in. I've never used regular gas.

To date lifetime my average gas MPG is 14.5 and over the last 3000 miles it's been about 15.6. For the first 5000 to 6000 miles my average was around 12.8.

I have no idea how everyone is getting such good mileage.. I only ever for the first time a couple of fill ups ago saw my DTE at > 500 miles.

I will say.. I always drive in Sport mode with Baja exhaust. Lately on longer trips I've gone to Normal with quiet exhaust which has seemed to make a difference along with a couple of trips I took the scenic highway vs freeway so that boosted my mileage as well not going over 78mph.

Regardless.. def jealous of all you guys and gals getting a 17mpg average, pretty wild. My Gen2 got 17mpg but only 35s.. my gen1 got 13mpg.. but that was a gas guzzling v8. I don't really stress it too much, I have my Tesla Model S and Rivian if I don't wanna pay fuel prices.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To date lifetime my average gas MPG is 14.5 and over the last 3000 miles it's been about 15.6. For the first 5000 to 6000 miles my average was around 12.8.

I have no idea how everyone is getting such good mileage.. I only ever for the first time a couple of fill ups ago saw my DTE at > 500 miles.
Like I stated to another gentleman…if you’re laying into the gas pedal (nothing wrong with that btw), what do you expect?

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I stated to another gentleman…if you’re laying into the gas pedal (nothing wrong with that btw), what do you expect?

Its freeway/highway driving. I'd imagine I do more of that than most so I wouldn't expect my mileage to diminish when I'd be willing to bet most people here have short commutes or do more city driving than highway driving, particularly when looking at the miles driven threads and knowing how few people have even gone over 5k on their trucks.

Of course laying into the throttle will guzzle the gas.. but all things being equal if I can keep my RPMs below 1.8 I feel like for this truck I should be seeing better fuel economy similar to others here, especially since elevation and (to date) climate does not play a role in my mileage.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I only run premium. You can however run mid to low grade fuel in the Raptor and put premium in once every 3-4 tanks and then run the **** out of it to blow the carbon out. I run premium just because it is what it calls for and we always have 93 available.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Of course laying into the throttle will guzzle the gas.. but all things being equal if I can keep my RPMs below 1.8 I feel like for this truck I should be seeing better fuel economy similar to others here, especially since elevation and (to date) climate does not play a role in my mileage.
I agree that you “should” be seeing better. My commute to work is about 30 miles, one way, & mostly freeway/highway driving. I bounce between 17 & 18.5 mpg. My highest was 19.5/dte @ 702 but I was feathering the shiitee out of that gas pedal. Lol

Last edited:

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While it's typical for any vehicle to have better fuel economy on highway vs driving around town I've noticed it in the raptor especially so when you switch from normal to sport mode. In my opinion, sport mode should be the way the vehicle drives all the time and normal mode should be for when you're trying to stretch a gas tank. I notice about a 20-25% drop in fuel economy when switching to sport from normal. 15.5MPG over the last 10k miles total, about 50/50 split between highway and around town.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That title says premium fuel... LOL

If I made a thread that said, "Thanks Biden", it would eventually end up that some man fell off a bike and no one helped him up" ha.